∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ f i v e ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

I wiped my tears away and tidy myself up before anyone can see my awful state. The first thought that came in mind was to get some band aids and disinfect my cuts and bruises in the nurse's office before attending class. Areum was sure pretty wild back there. I bit my bottom lip, not knowing what to do when I go back to class. Everyone hates me, that's for sure.

I made my way down the hall and walk in front of the nurse's office. A pit formed deep within inside my stomach and I got nervous. The nurse might know about the whole incident and might get mad at me. I can't risk it. Anxiety was taking over my head right now and all I need right now is peace and rest. Though, I turned the doorknob and push the door open.

White walls, white flooring, white beds-- white everything. It was my first time entering the nurse's office and I felt at ease when I see the nurse coming towards me in a rush, a look of concern evident on her face.

"My goodness, what happened to you dear?" she looked closely at my cuts and bruises. I don't think she knows. If she did, everything will just be a huge embarrassment for me. But I'm thankful for the situation right now. It was calm and relaxing-- nothing to worry about.

She led me straight to one of the beds and she took out a first aid kit. I winced at the pain when she tried to disinfect my open cuts. They were still fresh and I can feel blood trickling down my face. She cleaned it off and applied a band aid over it. She even offered an ice pack and I took it instinctively, putting it on my bruises.

Unfortunately, Areum kicked me hard on the stomach while fighting me off and it gave me a huge bruise which hurts a lot. I didn't care though. I just want to give her the shit she deserves.

"You know, there was this student who looks to be having the same problem as you earlier this morning." She suddenly said and looked at me. "I can't handle her whining and complaints whenever I try to disinfect her wounds. She looked beat up, but I guess it was because of her attitude and I guess she deserved it. Knowing and seeing her like that makes me realize that she was a brat and I was so close to not giving her the care she needs." She let out a tired sigh. "But sometimes a nurse has to be patient. Honestly, it was just really tiring." she opened up.

Yup, that was Areum for sure.

I gave her a small smile. I can't believe the nurse is this kind and how the hell is she keeping up with all the student's dramas.

"Maybe she did deserve it then." I quietly said and stood up when I realize that I'm all good to go. I should visit here more often. It's quite relaxing.

"Where are you going? Are you feeling better now?" she asked, surprised.

I nodded in agreement and smiled. "Thanks for the help, err--"

"Nurse Yura." she laughed endearingly. I swear, she's really kind.

I grinned and went out and met fresh air. The atmosphere here in the hallway was humid, really helpful with the whole breathing thing. I sighed when I realize that I need to go back to class in a few minutes.

I decided to just give up and skip school. There was no way I'm facing everyone when they're in fact mad at me. My bag was still in the classroom and for a second, I almost forgot about something important.

My bloody wallet.

***

I walked back to the direction of the guidance's office, my heart picking up it's pace. The way students around me look at me makes me shiver and I lower down my head.

"Isn't she the one who beat up Areum?"

"She's such a prick for doing that. I mean Areum is so kind and helpful!"

"Don't mind her, she's a monster."

I tried to hold back my tears as I walk. The next thing I know, I'm in front of the door and I knocked softly, feeling weak from the incident earlier.

"Come in." The guidance counselor motioned for me to walk in and she raised a brow.

"What are you going to tell me? What's my punishment?" I sadly asked since I want to know. The adrenaline is never leaving me and I fidget in my seat. I was obviously nervous.

She bit her lip and I look at her without saying anything.

"Miss Park, since you have been committing violations throughout this school year, I am forced to say this," she stopped for a moment and stared at my reaction. Though, my expression is blank. You can't really read my face.

Ever since Areum transfered to this school, my life has been a living nightmare. I was accused of so many things and they gave me warnings. Though, it's also my fault. Some were also my own actions cause I have been breaking the rules too. Sleeping in class, chewing gums, being cold other people-- These were pretty small, but today's incident topped it all off.

My own tears are falling. I don't want to hear her answer, so I looked at her straight in the eye.

"Expulsion." I answered for her. Her eyes went wide and I can feel that she's having sympathy for me, which I ignored cause all of this is too much to handle.

"When am I suppose to leave?" My voice cracked. I don't know how to react to all of this. It hurts, but I'll somehow get some peace.

I just don't know how to explain this to my parent's who are busy abroad. They'll kick me out for sure.

"You can't walk on school grounds starting tomorrow and you are asked to go home early today." She gave me a sad look and I can't help, but turn into a complete mess. I'm internally doomed and I bet everyone knows it.

"I understand." I whispered and left the room. The eyes of wandering students gave me the chills, so I walked faster. My feet were killing me as I fasten my pace.

I'm alone on this.