What is ok?-Bmc

Mulai dari awal

"Oh please this isn't as bad as-"

Calibration complete. Access procedure initiated.

The pain subsided. "Oh thank God."

Discomfort level may increase.

"WHAT!"

Accessing neural memory
Accessing muscle memory
Access procedure complete
Richard ...
Welcome to your Super Quantum Unit Intel Processer, your SQUIP.

~~Flash forward skills brought to you by my stress~~

The Squip was my second secret. If Jake knew our friendship was a lie he'd be so angry. Or maybe he'd be sad. I didn't want to see ethier one.

"So bro, whatcha wanna do?" Jake asked while lazily sitting on his couch.

"I dunno dude." I felt a quick shock in the back of my neck. "Ow!" Jake looked at me with concern. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm totally chill." He gave an unconvinced look before turning the other direction, presumably thinking about something.

What the fuck? I 'say' to my SQUIP. He chuckles. A small green figure with a black cloak.

Hello Richard.

For the last time, stop calling me Richard. It reminds me of him.

Who?

Don't you dare.

Your

Nope.

Fath-

Can't you get out of my head? You're starting to fucking piss me off.

As you wish.

"Fucking finally." I mumble. I noticed Jake turn his head and give me an eyebrow raise.

I just stick my tongue out at him as he turns on Air Buds.

"Isn't this movie for five year olds?"

He flicks my head "Yeah and aren't you like five heads shorter than me." He tried to suppress a laugh as I glared at him. "I'm kidding, plus I only watch it because it reminds me of my par- you know who."

I gave him a sympathetic smile before we continued watching.

°°Time skip to Senior year because I frickin can°°

Jake and I were hanging at his apartment. After the SQUIPcident we were pretty distant. We didn't talk or interact for a while. Only recently have we tried to rekindle our friendship. Thing is not once have we brought up the fire.

I mean I get why, but everything is so awkward between us. We can't keep pretending that it never happened.

"Hey Jake."

He glanced at me before stating,"Wassup Rich."

For a second I forgot what was happening. It felt as though I was drifting away to a place where no one could find me. It was calm and everything felt ok. When I awoke from my daze I saw Jake waiting for me to say something but the only words that came out were, "I'm thorry."

It was a whisper-no less than a whisper. Jake's face formed into concern but something held him back. "I'm tho thorry." I squeaked quieter than before. "I'm really really thorry."

I must have been holding back some sort of emotion because right then and there I started crying uncontrollably. I wanted to stop but the damage was done. I couldn't see Jake's face but I can assume he's overwhelmed.

"I'm thorry I thtarted the fire. I'm thorry I wath the reason you broke your legth. I'm thorry I told Jeremy about the thquip. I'm thorry for 'buying' the thquip. I'm thorry for being a thitty thtupid friend."

"Why did you do it Rich?" Jake's voice was calm. Calmer then I expected. I didn't know why? He should be mad at me! I thought about his question.

Truth was I knew fully well why I did it. I haven't told anyone yet. They shouldn't have to waste their effort caring. So I just went with the lie I've always say,"The thquip told me to do it."

Jake sighed. "We both know know that's not true Rich. You're a horrible lier without your SQUIP."

My face flushed. You've done it again Richard Goranski. You good for nothing loser.

His presence was closer. "Rich I need you to tell me why you did it. That house was one of the only things my parents left me." I didn't flinch. "Rich! You're my friend right? You know my parents don't call me. I haven't seen them in years," his voice started breaking,"Was it a joke? Some dare? A friend wouldn't do that."

Now he was crying too but I still didn't want to tell him why I did it so instead I told him, "I'm tired. I'm really really tired Jake."

He didn't respond so I assumed he wanted me to talk again, "Ith that bad?"

"What are you tired of?"

I felt safe. I think that's why I stated, "Of life. What'th the point? No one liketh me at thchool and no one liketh me at home. I certainly don't like mythelf. I don't thee a point to life anymore."

When I felt Jake's arms wrap around me I started sobbing again. For awhile it was like this. Just Jake and I crying.

"Do you hate me?"

"Of course not Rich!"

"But I burnt down yo-"

"I know what you did, and I don't care! What really matters is your mental state. Have you been listening to yourself?! That shit is terrifying to hear! You do need a friend Rich, and I'm here. No matter what happened before I'm not letting someone hurt themselves ok?"

I just nodded before Jake tightened the embrace.

It all felt ok. My secrets were out and this weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt more free. And that was ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I tried to finish this a while back but got distracted. After I realized it was almost done I decided to finish it. If there's any mistakes I apologise because this is probably not very good, but ethier way I hope you guys enjoy and until later, I'M OUT!!!