Meeting the Dark Lord

"Excellent work, Draco."

Olivia's blood froze as she tried to keep her thoughts on Draco.

Just stay calm, that's what he said, stay calm and it'll be okay. Draco wouldn't lie, it'll be okay.

"Thank you, my Lord." Draco said with a slight bow.

The grip on Olivia's face tightened, "Has she been administered the potions yet? I wish to ask her a few questions."

"No, but I have them here," Draco pulled the vials quickly from his pockets and presented them to the Dark Lord, who took them with a sick glee.

"Have her open up for me, dear boy." He addressed Draco but kept his gaze firmly on Olivia, a terrifying smile on his face.

"Olivia, do as he says, I would appreciate it." Draco said coldly, though his eyes met Olivia's briefly and told her just how terrified he actually was.

Olivia nodded slightly, opening her mouth like some sort of baby bird waiting for nutrients. She did her best not to gag as the Dark Lord shoved the potions down her throat, clamping her jaws closed as if forcing her to swallow.

"I do miss getting my hands dirty every once in a while," the Dark Lord said in a lofty voice, earning panicked laughs from the others in the room as he reclaimed the grand seat at the front of the room, "Though am I to understand, Draco, that Severus was the one to actually do the other deed I assigned to you?"

Olivia could see Draco nod from the corner of her eyes as she bent over herself, the potions feeling like they simultaneously dipped her brain in rubbing alcohol and also made all her extremities fall asleep. A very unpleasant experience on its own, not to mention it burned her throat on the way down from its forceful administration.

"I'm afraid I struggled to take on Dumbledore on my own, sir, and I am extremely grateful that Professor Snape was there to assist me."

Olivia managed to get her breath back, though her holey memory made her foggy mindset persist. She kept her head down but flickered her eyes up to Draco.

What is he saying about taking on Dumbledore? What did he do?

"Very fortunate, indeed. Though I'm afraid it is rather disappointing you required assistance at all. I see such promise in you, boy," Voldemort fiddled with a strange wand in his hands, "But I'm sure your other assignment has been doing much better. Is Ms. Potter ready to join the conversation?" He flicked his wand towards her and cast the countercurse to Silencio, allowing her gasps for air to now be auditory.

Draco grabbed her elbow and helped her to stand, though he looked at her as if she was supposed to speak next. She cleared her throat and tried to ignore the pain in her legs.

"Where am I? What's going on?" She whispered, the panic she felt after initially drinking the remedy now full-force.

"Seems so." Voldemort said, almost bemused, "Welcome back to reality, Ms. Potter. Am I to understand your loyalty remains with your brother and his pathetic group of blood traitors?"

Olivia's confusion wasn't even acting at this point, "I-I'm not sure what that means."

Voldemort lost his bemused face in a moment, "I believe it to be a fairly straightforward question. Do your loyalties lie with or against the great cause we stand for?"

The tears joined her nerves in being full-force, and she decided it would be best not to speak and to mentally pray that Draco would help her. Her knees buckled with the onslaught of emotion and lack of strength, causing Draco to tighten his grip on her arm.

"Remember what we taught you. You're superior to those traitors, aren't you?" Draco hissed at her, and Olivia seemed to get the message. She was supposed to be brainwashed, not spineless.

"Of course, of course! My apologies, Dark Lord, I'm not at my best," Olivia pleaded with him, though he still didn't look particularly satisfied.

"And were you at your best when you killed two of my men? Dolohov and Goyle have been particularly missed." The Dark Lord had a twisted smile on his face, as if this comment was supposed to rile up Olivia. Of course, Olivia had no idea what he was talking about.

She decided to stay silent, not knowing what she was supposed to respond to that. Voldemort's tone and facial expressions turned even more sour.

"Curious. I trust that you have not failed a second assignment, Draco, and that she is merely confused." His airy tone managed to turn steely.

Draco nodded fervently, "Your trust is well placed, my Lord. The potions seem to scramble her mind immediately after administering them, and I apologise."

The Dark Lord waved Draco off, "Ms. Potter, are you willing to divulge valuable information about the opposition in order to support the Death Eater cause? Or will other methods be necessary?"

Olivia instantly began nodding, "I'll tell you anything, anything at all!"

"I'm sure you will. Let's start simple: what is the current location of the Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix?"

Olivia opened her mouth to respond, but found that she couldn't even remember what the Order of the Phoenix was, let alone where the headquarters were. Had she been part of the Order? Is that where she had lived during her gaps?

Instead, she fumbled on her words, "I-I can't remember— that is, I would tell if you I could, truly—"

The Dark Lord wasn't as mad as Olivia expected him to be, "Very well. As for now, I'm afraid further talks must be delayed, as I have other business to attend to. Bellatrix, please escort Ms. Potter back downstairs."

Olivia jumped in her skin as Bellatrix began cackling, "As you wish, my eternal Lord!

Bellatrix resumed her place behind Olivia, barking at the girl to move. Olivia tearfully looked at Draco as she shuffled her way out, doing her best not to whimper as Bellatrix cast shocking curses all the way down into the cellar.

"There you are," Bellatrix said with a fake sweetness in her voice as she redid Olivia's bondage to the metal ring held within the stone of the wall, "Nice and locked away! I'll be sure to let dear Lucius know how lonely you must get down here, hmm?"

"No, no please—" Olivia began to plead, terror striking a chord within her for the millionth time that day.

Bellatrix got far too close to Olivia's face and screamed, "HOW DARE YOU ADDRESS ME AS SUCH?!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please—" Olivia sobbed and flinched away.

"I shall tell him WHAT I WISH and you will TAKE what comes to you! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR, YOU FILTHY HALF-BLOOD?!"

Olivia just nodded and curled into a ball, continuing to sob even after Bellatrix left her company. She hugged her knees as tightly to her chest as she could with her chains and starched dress restraining her, hoping Draco could manage to keep his father away until she and Draco could escape this foul place.

"Are you alright, Ms. Gaunt?" Ollivander asked from his usual place of lurking in the shadows. Honestly, the sudden voice had scared Olivia even further.

She nodded at him as best she could, but her emotions were haywire and she couldn't stop crying for the life of her. It was all too much and too terrifying for Olivia to handle, full memory or not.

~~
Had to cut it before we got back into action again so slightly shorter chapter.

Anyway please leave feedback and I hope that you enjoyed!