Meanwhile, Sirius/Remus

A/N: this is going to seem really random and a little spoiler-y but genuine question: what sexuality do you see Laura (the American witch that Olivia had her first kiss with) as? Conflicted between having her be bi/pan or having her come out as lesbian. Lmk in the comments and hope you enjoy!

"I'm going to be frank with everyone: I'm not going to sit here and talk about nonsense like every other order meeting until we actually address how we're rescuing Olivia." Sirius managed to silent the room with his gravelly tone, his non injured arm tapping his fingers on the table while he kept his injured in a sling.

Everyone whipped towards him in surprise. After all, this was the first meeting he'd spoken at since the week after Olivia's kidnapping, which was over a month and a half ago at this point. Everyone had been worried that he wasn't speaking, for the most part, but had been assured by Remus that everything was fine.

Remus tried to handle the situation, "Sirius, we have been talking—"

"We haven't been talking about shit and you know it!" Sirius snapped at him, "I agreed not to butt in on the condition that we would actually plan to get her back. And all we've been talking about is Ministry gossip!"

"What would you suggest we do then? Barge into every death eater home and raid it to look for her?" Moody grunted back at him, his eye buzzing in every which direction.

"Snape's allegedly on our side, right? I'm sure he knows where they're keeping her!" Sirius rebutted, pointing out the batlike order spy that hadn't shown up to a meeting in ages.

"Snape reports to Dumbledore, and if he knew he would've passed that information on already. It's not the right time to act, Black." Kingsley silences the room with his usual air of authority.

"We have no way of knowing that Snape will report it! We have to force it out of him." Sirius pushed even further, the crazed look in his eye flaring up.

"You need have trust in the order, Sirius. No matter our old feuds with Snape." Remus tried to calm him down once again.

"Our old feuds?! He was a death eater! He was going to give her back to the Malfoys two years ago! How do we know we can trust him?"

"Because we have to!" Tonks shouted back at him, causing Remus to stand to silence any further discussion.

"I'm calling this meeting to adjourn unless anyone has anything actually useful for us to discuss here." He stated from his position above everyone else.

Sirius stood to try and match him (though he stood 15cm shorter than his partner), "And how is trying to get Olivia back a worthless discussion to have? We have no idea what they're doing to her! And if it's anything like her childhood, it isn't nice!"

"All of us want to get her back, we just can't do anything with the information we have. And squabbling amongst ourselves won't do us or her any good at all."

"Neither will not trying to get any information! We're just sitting here like-"

"I think we're done here." Kingsley said dismissively, standing himself to leave.

The rest of the members collected agreed with the sentiment, and within the hour everyone had made their way home. Without the Weasleys present, no dinner was offered afterwards, which left no reason for sticking around after the meetings.

Sirius had just sat back down and watched everyone else file out around him, only Remus remaining.

"We're going to get her back. I'll write to Dumbledore and see if there's anything we can do right now." Remus told Sirius as the shorter man stood to pour himself a drink.