Ch. 7 Thanks Giving

Start from the beginning

"Daddy says that since I'm a princess you have to be a queen," Lilly told her.

Rory frowned. She had been so busy, she hadn't really thought about the fact that she would somehow have to explain to Lilly that her and Klaus weren't together anymore.

"Well, I will always be a queen in a way and you will always be our princess," Rory said.

"Why do you seem sad? I thought we were celebrating today," Lilly said.

Rory smiled. "You know both me and your dad love you, right?" she asked. Lilly nodded. "And that no matter what I will always be here for you and he will to?" She gave another nod.

Rory sighed and pulled her daughter to her. "I love you, baby girl," she mumbled, holding Lilly to her.

|

Rory squatted down on the ground in front of her daughter. "Okay, be good for Aunt Hayley and I promise you I will try to be back in time for dinner. And either way, tomorrow morning we can eat all the leftovers and I will fix your rabbit," she promised.

Lilly smiled and nodded. Rory smiled back. "Okay," she said, kissing the four year old on the head.

She stood up and walked over to Hayley and Jackson.

"Everything okay?" Hayley asked.

Rory shrugged. "I spent the morning trying to figure out how to explain to my four year old that Mommy and Daddy aren't together anymore," she whispered.

Hayley grimaced. "How'd it go?" she asked, quietly.

"No idea. Couldn't get the words out," Rory admitted, glancing back at her daughter.

"She'll be okay," Hayley told her.

Rory nodded. "I know. I just never wanted her to have to deal with the separated parents thing," she said.

Hayley put a hand on her sister's shoulder, giving her a comforting smile. She then walked over to Lilly who was watching cartoons. "You want me to play dress up already, don't you?" Hayley asked her niece. Lilly nodded. "All right." Hayley gave her sister a smile and walked off.

Rory turned towards Jackson. "So, it looks like she has Lilly handled, and Hope is down for a nap. If I leave now, I should be back in time for dinner," she told him.

"I can't believe you are seriously considering this," he told her.

"I want to be here with you guys and the girls, but I can't just do nothing," she said. Jackson rolled his eyes, moving to walk away from her. Rory grabbed his arm. "Jack, those sire line losers took Rebekah."

"Yeah, and they also went after you. Look, just let Klaus and Elijah handle this," he told her.

"Rebekah kept them safe for months. She's like my sister and she is their family. I'm not gonna look my daughters in the eye and explain to them that I sat back and did nothing while those people tried to kill their aunt," Rory snapped.

"You didn't do nothing. You kept your daughters safe. You let Klaus do things his way. This dinner is gonna be a bloodbath. And last time I checked, the Mikaelsons didn't need any help killing anyone," Jackson told her.