I ignore him. "Ask Tracy to make a report of all the investments we did last month. I want to see its ratings, and also-"

"You liked it didn't you?"

  "And tell her to contact Mr. Anderson for me. We need to set up a meeting for the Greenwood Hotel project soon."

"I bet she enjoyed it-"

I chuckle. "1. 2..."

"Fine, I'm leaving. I'll be right on it boss." Seb surrenders stands up and heads for the door, mumbling on his way out. "Can't believe my boss is actually inlove." 

  "I'm not." I whisper to myself.
We just hooked up, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't even remember most of Friday night, and maybe she is right. Maybe we won't see each other again.

But all weekend I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Madison Monroe.

Seb is right. She is beautiful.

Wish I can remember our night together, but oh well.

Suddenly, there is a knock on the office door, I look up and see my secretary Tracy.

"Sorry to bother you Mr. Lane but Mr. John is here to see you." Her rich british accent rings in my ears.

  "Is he in the board meeting room?"

She nods. "Yes, he is. He's says it's very urgent."

  I sigh. "I'll be right out. Thank you Tracy."

She gives me a warm smile and leaves.

What does this man wants now?

Stepping out of my office, I make my way to the meeting room passing Tracy's front desk, where she's now talking on the office phone. When she sees me she gives me a thumbs up. Unlike Seb she is better at being professional at work, both of them are good friends of mine.

I know what you're thinking, that I'm not cold and tough enough on my employees. I am, but in reality kindness and respect always comes first. My father built this company from the ground up, and he taught me that respect goes both ways. That's how you will succeed.

But if someone mess with me, I will surely destroy them.

With a straight face, I walk in the room and see him sitting there deep in thought.

I clear my throat getting his full attention.

"Nathan." Amelia's father says.

I nod. "John."
I take a seat at the other end of the long glass table. "May I ask why you're here? You could've at least called me saying you wanted to talk."

He gulps. "I'm here to apologize for my daughter's impulsive actions. What she did was-"

  "Wrong? Let me tell you something John, your daughter and I weren't in love with each other so what she did didn't really affect me. I'm just pissed we wasted each other's time for a year." I say straightforwardly.

"Well, she is deeply saddened and wishes to still be with you. Maybe the two of you can look past this and work things out?"

  I frown. "Is that what she wants, or is that what you want?" The hard look on my face softens. "Look John, I only agreed to marry your daughter because I knew it would help your company and because you're a great friend of my father, but I'm not going back to her."

John's face reddens in anger. "What about this company, huh? You need an heir too, and Amelia is willing to fix her mistakes."

Do I see Amelia as the mother of my future child, my heir?