Double Shift (Part 3)

****As before, there will be some violence in this chapter.****

Coulson gets us close enough to the ship to land on the roof of it, the algae making it difficult to get a good footing on it. Spider-Man manages to find a crack we can slip through, and we peek below to see it's right above an armored Goblin.

It doesn't smell any better inside than it does outside, and somehow The Goblin had got the computers on board up and working. Judging by what was on them, whatever plan he was cooking up was nearly complete.

Spider-Man signals us to follow him in, and we land just behind him. "New suit, same old Goblin!" he snips as we flank him, alert and ready for whatever he might throw at us.

"Well, well. It looks like the Spider has gained some new friends! Already replaced your old team members?" The Goblin smirks as the team drops in from above to surround us. We all change formation, CAST and I facing them while Spidey keeps an eye on Goblin.

I didn't even sense them up there...

"That didn't take long, did it?" White Tiger growls.

"That's not true! We're here to save you guys!" Spider-Man replies as Goblin sneers down at him.

"You can try—your fragile little ties will be your undoing, Spider-Man! Put your friends in danger and you just can't help but try to save them!" he laughs, grinning widely. "I'm looking forward to the fresh additions for my goblin army..." he snaps his fingers, and the team moves in and I glance to Spider-Man, who nods.

"Scatter!" I shout as we all split ways to take on someone from the team. I head to Iron Fist, jumping and dodging his quick jabs and heading away from the rest of the fight.

"Running will never make you free!" he says from behind me, and I use my Eagle Vision to help me see in the ship's darkness.

"The Evil Zen thing is getting kinda old, you know!" I call out, springing away when he closes the space between us.

I have to find a way to give him the antidote. No distractions. No Goblin and nobody to interfere.

I slide under a half-opened gate, hearing him smash right through it a few seconds later, and my chest tightens as I vaguely recognize the area we're in.

"A Ball Room? Like for dancing?" he was the one who gave me a tour of the Helicarrier after I joined the team officially.

"Not quite." I can hear his laugh ring softly in my ears, warm and light. "It's a training room we use to go through simulations. If you want though, I am a pretty decent dancer."

I bite my lip at the memory, blinking away the tears in my eyes as the thought of the antidote failing.

I can't afford to think that way.

Quickly making my way up to the beams above, I use the shadows to my advantage, the only light being the small cracks in the ceiling. I can see him enter the Ball Room, pacing around and searching for my presence.

"Alone together at last..." his voice echoes around me as I quietly move above him, looking for an opening to give him the antidote. "Tell me, Ari, is this what you wanted? I would have gladly complied... I believe I still owe you that dance." he snickers, and I nearly slip when he says that.

He's still in there..!

I quickly ready the inoculator on my hand, using my tails to swing down to tap him on the back of the neck. The metal creaks beneath my weight and in an instant, his fist is aglow with his chi. He grabs my wrist before I can give him the antidote, and I bite back a hiss.