Mesqa

Hey guys, I won't bore you with the notes in the beginning just wanted to tell you I'm still alive and very thankful for you all. :)

"No way! You actually spent time with him?!" MJ calls out excitedly, blue eyes glinting in the cafeteria lights. I take a sip on my juice bottle (Mango Tango, yum!) before answering her. 

"It really isn't that much of a big deal." I did mention that we spent the day together when I was "sick" but what I didn't mention was the small training session we had to help me get a handle on my power. So far I can only summon two tails on my own before feeling completely drained. I guess all that adrenaline helped fuel the incident that happened with Smoker. And with Kele.

Though ever since that day. . . I felt a little scared to use it again. Kele told me that mastering my shadow is the key to not letting it take me over and that using it is the only way to accomplish that. Since I was so tired after that day, he decided to give me a break and sleep. That is until Ava came into my room to give me my homework. Since she was so far ahead in her studies, she's been helping me catch up.

She's a pretty good tutor, way easier to understand than Pete that's for sure, and I had to wonder why we didn't hang out more before. Sure she's a little stiff, but she loosens up after talking to her and we even have the same guilty pleasure of cheesy romance novels and movies.

Needless to say, we're seeing a rom-com and all you can eat junk food weekend in our future.

"'Not a big deal?'" Harry scoffs, picking at his fries. "We all know how you feel about your dad, Ari . . . but it's pretty cool that he's back." He says trying to hide the sadness in his eyes with a smile, but MJ and I know better.

That's right . . . Mr. Osborn turned into The Goblin . . . "Everything will work out, Harry, just give it time," I say kind of understanding what he was going through. We both aren't especially close with our dads, to be honest.

He looks surprised for a second before he rubs the back of his neck. "Thanks, Ari . . . I kind of missed your creepy intuitiveness." He grins as I toss my bottle cap at him good-naturedly.

"Love you too, Osborne."

"It's so good to have you back!" MJ says as she wraps an arm around me in a hug for the tenth time today.

"So you've told me since I got back, but man I missed you guys. It's nice to go back to a normal life."

"What, traveling the outback's sounds totally cool! Shame your group got attacked by wild monkey's though." MJ muses though I can tell she's itching for the story.

Seriously Fury, what the hell?!

"Y-yeah," I say with a twitchy grin as I spot Peter and the group walking our way. I send a small wave, my face heating up when my eyes land on Danny. Keep it together, Kateri!

"Yo! How's the lunch today—anything good?" Sam asks taking a seat as he eyes Harry's fries.

"Cardboard pizza and soggy French fries," Harry frowns pushing his fries over to the human rocket. Pfft more like a human trashcan at the rate he was shoveling it down.

"Dude, have some self-control!" Luke grimaces as Sam lets out a huge burp. Gross.

"What? I was hungry! We nearly missed lunch because-" he notices the pointed looks from Peter, Luke, and Ava before clearing his throat. "W-We got detention . . . ?" he finishes lamely as I slowly shake my head, deciding not to comment.

"You guys are in there a lot nowadays—what on earth are you getting busted for?" MJ asks with a frown, it directed mostly at Peter though as he and the rest of the group take the empty seats.