Draco's accident

After what looked like a day, we arrive at a door. It's the only door at the end of the hall we walked in. 'Do you recognize this door out of your dream, Draco?' Harry asks. I think for a moment. 'I only saw a room with a hatch...' I say then. Ron sighs. 'Great! What do we do now?' he asks. 'I guess we just open it and see what's behind it...' Hermoine says. Everybody agrees. 'Alohomora!' Hermoine says and the door in front of us opens. 

Harry walks in first. He takes a look and becomes silent. 'Uhm... guys...?' I hear him saying. 'What's wrong, Harry?' I ask and I walk in too. 'Shhh... it's asleep', Harry says and he points a big, black colossus in the middle of the room when Hermoine and Ron are in the room as well. Almost unrecognizable, Harry and I grab each other's hands. 'What... what is that thing?!' Ron whispers anxiously. 'I think...' Hermoine walks closer to the black thing. 

'Hermoine, come back here!' Ron whispers. 'I think... it's a dog... look, that's his head, and there's his paw...' she says. 'A dog? What does Dumbledore want with a dog?' I ask. Harry shrugs his shoulders. 'Maybe to guide what's underneath that hatch', Hermoine says, pointing to the ground. 'The hatch! That's the hatch I saw in my dream!' I say, somewhat too loud. 

'Be quiet, Draco. We don't want to wake it,' Harry says. He keeps with big eyes looking at the dog. 'Great. Dumbledore has a huge guardian dog. How are we supposed to get through that hatches now?' Ron asks with his usual skeptic undertone. Hermoine sighs and rolls her eyes. 

'We can move its paw while it's still asleep!' she says. Harry looks from the dog to her and back. 'Is that safe...?' he asks. 'Of course, it is! But do you really think that Dumbledore would put a guardian dog above a hatch-- with apparently something very special in it-- if it can't even guide...?' Hermoine sounds sarcastic. 'Alright then,' I say and I walk to Hermoine. Harry keeps holding my hand and tries to pull me back. 

'Come on, Harry. We can use some help,' I say. 'And you too, Ron,' Hermoine says now. Both Harry and Ron swallow. 'Uhm-- no, thanks. I'm good here,' Ron says. Hermoine sighs irritated.

 'Ron! That thing's asleep. And you knew that this hunt had its dangerous,' she says. 'Alright then,' Harry grabs its paw too. The three of us push as hard as we can. 'Again!' Hermoine says. We push again.

'Uhm... guys...?' Ron suddenly says. 'Not now, Ron', Hermoine says. 'Well, Uhm... I should be aware if I were you...' Ron says. He sounds really scared. Harry notices that too. He stops pushing and turns around. 

'Why?' he asks. Ron can't say a thing, he only points to the air. Harry looks up too. 'Guys! Stop pushing! The dog-' then the dog starts drooling over me. I look disgusted up and look straight at the chin of the dog-- one of the chins. I swallow and walk slowly back to Harry, who grabs my hand. Hermoine stops now too. 

'Guys, if nobody helps me, it takes forever to move that paw', she says. Now it's Hermoine's turn to be drooled over. She looks up and starts to scream. She runs towards us and stands against the wall. 'I told you to be aware', Ron says, lightly proud. 'It's not the right time for your pride, Ron', Harry says. 'That thing... it has the-' 'three heads, yeah. And that's not everything. It's almost 65 feet tall!' I finish Hermoine's sentence. We all swallow. 

The dog starts growling. 'What do we do now?' Ron asks. 'I have no idea', Hermoine whispers. 'Do you hear that guys? For once, our Hermoine doesn't have an answer! Well, I know something: let's get outta here!' Ron says. Hermoine wants to say something, but Harry interrupts her: 'no time for fights, guys. We need to find a plan to get through that hatch'.

Hermoine and Ron both stop fighting and start thinking. Now the dog walks towards us, as far as it can in this little room. I step in front of Harry, protective. Hermoine does the same with Ron. 'Now what?' I hear Ron asking. 'Maybe we can paralyze it!' Hermoine whispers. 'Why didn't you try that before it started to walk to us?!' Ron looks wronged at Hermoine. 'I thought that it wouldn't be necessary, she says. Harry sighs. 'Do you have a better plan then?' Harry asks Ron. Ron wants to say something but realizes that it wouldn't help and closes his mouth again. 'Okay, Draco and I are the most driven if it comes to spells', Hermoine says. 'No offense', Draco adds.

 Harry gives a sign that it's okay. 'Draco, do you know "Stupefy?" Hermoine asks me now. I nod. 'Yeah,' I say. 'Good. Let's try that then', she says. I grab my wand, Hermoine grabs hers. We both point our wands to the dog, which is still growling and barking. Harry squeezes my hand, which makes me even more protective. Hermoine counts from three to one: 'STUPEFY!' A red beam comes out of the ends of our wands and hits the dog. It shortly falters and shakes his head. His eyes become even brighter than they already were.

'It didn't work!' Ron says. 'Let's try it again!' Hermoine says. 'Are you sure about that?' Harry asks. Hermoine nods. "She has a lot of confidence..." goes through my head. We point out our wands again and try it again. 'STUPEFY!' Again, nothing happened. But we made the dog really pissed off now. It's using his claws now. Because Hermoine and I are busy firing spells at the dog, we don't notice that it's focused on Harry now. It puts up his claw and nearly missed Harry with his claw. I look shocked at him. 

'I'm sorry Harry, are you okay?' Harry wipes the dust off his robe. 'Yeah', he says. Then the dog sees his chance and tries again. His gigantic claw flies through the air. 'Draco, watch out!' I hear Hermoine saying, but it's too late.

The room becomes vague and everything starts turning. 'Draco?' I hear vaguely from far. Suddenly, I begin to falter. 'Draco?' I feel Harry's arms around me, but then everything turns black. 'OMG!' Hermoine and Ron hurry to Harry and me. 'Draco? Draco, can you hear me?' I hear Harry's voice from far. I want to say that I can hear him, that it's okay, but I can't move my mouth. I can't move anything at all. I hear Hermoine and Ron kneeling as well. 

'Will he be okay?' I hear Ron asking. I want to smile because he cares about me, but I still can't move. '... Hermoine?' 

Then, I can finally move. I slowly open my eyes. 'I guess I'm not dead...' I say with a soar throat. Harry hugs me tight, I can hardly breathe. 'You scared the hell out of me! Are you okay?' he asks. 'If you hug me a little less, yes,' I say. 

Harry releases me and the three of them look at me. I try to sit up. I immediately get a pounding headache. 'Are you sure you're okay because you don't sound like it,' Ron says. 'Believe me, I've felt worse,' I say, with a watery smile. Harry seems to doubt that. 'Try to stand', he says then. 

I swallow and grab Harry's outstretched hand then. He pulls me up, my legs are shaking. Harry lets my hand go and my legs shake even more. 'Nope, you can't go further like this. You have to see Madam Pomfrey', he says. 'Harry, I'm fine,' I say. Harry looks at me, it's clear that he already made up his mind. 

"Jees, he's so caring and... so sweet..." I sigh. 'Alright then. But only because you insist,' I say. Harry grabs my shoulder and helps me through the hall we walked through to get here. Hermoine and Ron follow and Hermoine locks the door behind her.