"Burgers"

Part Eight

As Kizen, the long standing..? Long suffering? Long something… Assistant to Shai, The Lady of time, hurtled down the slope towards the Kitchen Portal, (which was quite a feat considering the high heeled boots she'd chosen that morning), the only word running through her mind was,

"FINALLY!"

Shai had seemed to almost go out of her way to keep her occupied.

No. Rewrite that.

STOP her meeting Seikai.

She had so wanted to be right there at the Gates waiting for him…

'And why was that?'

She questioned herself as she bounded down the last remaining steps, a grin plastered to her face,

Well…

Only a giggle came in reply, and having a swung a sharp right along the path, she slowed to a more 'appropriate' pace.

"Cool…be cool…Kizen.."

She took several deep breaths to recover, although it didn't have the slightest effect on her pounding heart.

"Oh just admit it."

She admonished herself, wagging a finger ahead of her as she walked, long leather boots crunching along the stones.

From peeking around an ornamental shrub at the entrance, she checked over her outfit one more time.

Long boots, a gorgeous flared mini skirt she'd found in a vintage clothes shop in somewhere called Chicago, and a netted fitted top, which clung to her body in just the right way and places. She smoothed out non existent creases, hastily finger combing her hair, and after a making sure her eyeliner hadn't smudged, she finally answered herself.

"You kinda like him."

The smirky grin appeared again as she reached for the door, then seeing her goofy reflection in the glass, she frowned,

"Cool? Remember?"

She had just been thinking of a good opening line, as her eyes flitted around the diner, but all sentences were swept away when her eyes finally fell on the mismatched pair sitting at a booth in the far corner.

Xander barely fit into the space and had happily just bitten a burger in half as if it seemed no more than a slightly thick biscuit in his large hands, whilst a decidedly soggy Seikai was eyeing the food suspiciously, carefully prising off the top bun to sniff at the contents.

There was nothing else to do but giggle, and she swiped back her hair and strode over, coming to halt in front of the two very different warriors.

"Burgers Xander? Again? Any excuse these days it seems."

Her large expressive eyes then found their way to the Sengoku shinobi wrinkling his nose at the dish,

"Miyoshi Seikai, welcome back to The Sanctuary, well met."

Knowing the courtesy of his realm and time, she bowed respectfully, then waited politely for a reply.

Xander, meanwhile was thinking that burgers were quite possibly the best discovery he had ever made. Not just since being here, in this odd place so far from the centuries of war he had known. No. This was the best discovery of his entire life.

Burgers were awesome.

(He'd heard the term on a mission to a nearby realm, and he thought it summed them up perfectly.)

The arrival of Kizen wasn't what halted his favourite food on its way to tasting, it was firstly to throw her a crooked grin at her comment, then blink in surprise at how Kizen became 'all formal' towards this fragile Sparkling sitting opposite him.