0.7

" Welcome back to Chicago

  " Welcome back to Chicago. "
+

  Damon had been trying to reach his twin for the past day, calling her phone nonstop, screaming out in frustration when it went straight to voicemail after the hundredth dial. His head was spinning, different scenarios plaguing his brain that were too gruesome to express, tearing away his sanity slowly. He couldn't help but feel guilty, that she was in a life or death situation because of him. And it was true. Damon knew it.

The Salvatore pours himself a drink in the boarding house living room, sighing, ready to cry out in frustration when his phone rings. He quickly answers, crossing his fingers for the sound of his sister's voice; but his hopeful smile quickly diminishes, the familiar scowl taking its place as the voice scratches his ears like nails on a chalkboard, burning them.
"You miss me?"

"Katherine." He grumbles, "Where are you?"

"Lurking outside your window, pining away." Katherine Pierce responds.

"What do you want?"

"I'm homesick. What have I missed other than darling Dakota being back in town.. ballsy move, Damon. Never thought you'd had it in you to bring another ripper back in town with one on the loose." The evil woman teases.

"Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner, so is my sister all thanks to him, and Elena still thinks she can save him and no one's thought about you since you left." Damon retorts.

"Oh? Klaus has found a new playmate? That's unexpected-" she pauses, "And what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, and let Klaus take your twin sister, you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on his girlfriend."

"I didn't give up on him nor Dakota. I just don't know where they are. I've tried calling her, but knowing Klaus he's probably thrown her phone in the lake." The Salvatore replies.

"Hmm."

"But you do." He accuses, "you wouldn't have known about Dakota unless you knew where they are. Are you trailing them?"

"A hybrid who wants me dead, his new girlfriend who's killed more vampires than I can think of, and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away." Katherine murmurs.

"Which means you know exactly where they are."

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work, whisked your twin off. Now he's looking for some answers." The original Petrova responds.

"How do you know that?" Damon asks.

"Spend five hundred years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you." Katherine responds.

"Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my siblings?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted." The brunette answers minimally.