0.5

" but, i am no monster " +

+

  "Get out of the water, Elena."

  Damon stares down at the girl he's had a crush on since the first day he laid eyes on her, his piercing blues rolling in annoyance.

  "If I get out of the water, you're gonna make me go home." Retorts Elena.

  "Yes, because I'm not an idiot like you." The Salvatore spits.

"Right now, you're both acting like idiots." Alaric butts in.

"You gave up on him Damon." The brunette adds, ignoring her guardian's statement.

"I didn't give up on him, Elena. I faced reality. Now get out of the water." Commands Damon.

"No!"

"What's your big plan, Elena? Huh? You gonna walk through a campsite full of werewolves, roast a marshmallow, and wait for Stefan to stop by?" The older Salvatore jumps into the water, heading towards a stubborn Elena.

"My plan is to find him and help him. Damon, this is the closest that we've been to him since he left. I'm not going home." The girl fires back, obviously not budging in the slightest.

"Klaus thinks you died when he broke the curse. That makes you safe. This," he waves his arms around, "this is not safe."

"I'm not leaving before we find him."

"It's a full moon tonight, Elena."

"Then we'll find him before then. Damon, please." Begs the human, her doe browns wide and pleading, as if knowing her puppy dog stare would convince the Salvatore in an instant.

Damon, with an aggravated sigh, scolding himself for giving in to the girl, replies, "Okay. Okay. But we are out of here before the moon is full and Dakota and I are werewolf bait."

The two mortals share a quick, hesitant look to which the older twin retorts with a quizzical stare, his ocean blues darting from the duo suspiciously. He knew in his gut something was wrong, whether it be twin telepathy or the fact that he hadn't heard his sister's nagging in the past ten minutes, he didn't know. But, what he did know was that Elena and Alaric were hiding something from him.

"What happened?"

"Um.." Elena trails off, her lip caught between her teeth, "she sorta.. well.. she's gone."

"You guys lost her?!" Damon cries, "how do two grown adults lose a pasty-white vampire.. you can't miss her!"

"It wasn't our fault-" The brunette starts, "she said she smelled something.. a wolf, before running off. We don't know what happened."

Realization suddenly hit the trio, their eyes widening as Damon curses, "we have to find her. Now."