0.4

" a pleasure to meet you, darling "  +

  +

Dakota slams shut the door of her brother's car, her heeled booties clicking against the asphalt as she gingerly makes her way towards the entrance of the Gilbert residence.

  Dakota, pushing a strand of long raven hair behind her ear, sighs; she rings the doorbell urgently, her stomach in anxious knots as she waits impatiently for the brunette to answer the door.

  But, much to her dismay, a younger looking boy swings open the wood, his eyes immediately raking down her athletic figure in lustful admiration. Dakota clears her throat, rolling her eyes at the hormonal teenager, before he speaks deeply, "you must be Dakota. Damon's twin sister?"

  "You have very good observational skills-" she replies sarcastically, "and you must be Jeremy. Elena's younger, immature pothead of a brother, hm?"

  Jeremy's cheeks flare up, a sign that he was embarrassed of his illegal actions. He opens his mouth to shoot back a snarky comment before Elena bumps him out of a way, an exasperated sigh escaping her lips, "oh, Dakota, I'm glad you could make it. Please.. come in."

  With a small smile, Dakota steps through the welcoming home, her senses dialing to eleven at the strong scent of their blood. She sucks in a deep breath, calming her cravings, before turning to the brunette. "How are you?"

  "Well.. I'm getting through, I guess-" Elena sighs, plopping on the couch, instructing the Salvatore to do the same, "it's just.. I know Stefan isn't like this. He wouldn't kill innocent people for sport."

  "We really have no control over our actions when our humanity switch is off, Elena-" Dakota explains, "of course the real Stefan wouldn't dream of hurting a fly, but he has the tendency to get out of control once he's flipped his switch; he's blinded by the uncontrollable lust for blood."

The brunette nods, "I understand. But, it's not his fault, you know? He was commanded to turn it off."

"Oh?" The raven haired girl raises a brow, her statement catching her attention, "by who?"

Elena glances around warily, almost as if she were afraid to explain such crucial details in curing Stefan. She sighs, "I'm really not supposed to be talking about this but I trust you enough to know you're here for Stefan and only Stefan."

Dakota nods, urging her to continue, "have you heard of the Original vampire? The first ever supernatural blood sucker known to earth?"

  The Salvatore shakes her head, her blood running cold at the thought of the power the eldest vampire known to man possesses. She was merely one-hundred-sixty-three years old and she has the strength and wits of a superhuman Albert Einstein; she couldn't imagine what tricks the original had up his sleeve, especially with her baby brother. Elena lets out another shaky breath before continuing, "well, the Original vampires are a group of five siblings; each one possessing unbelievable supernatural abilities. All of them are dead, as I've been told, except for the middle child.. Klaus."