🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)

Comenzar desde el principio

3RD POV

As Miss Victoria continues telling the incidents to Aurora... little did they know that there was a specific person, wearing clothes as dark as a black night, who quietly enters the house and hides in the shadows as he listens to their conversation.

"That reminds me I have a journal that I kept for quite a while and I've written all about the incidents and the suspicious behavior of Steven that might help. I even have some old newspapers about the incidents." Miss Victoria said.

This caught the attention of the dark-haired guy and decided to leave the house quietly, with a plan cooking up in his head.

Aurora's POV

"You happened to observe Steven around?" I asked.

"Well, he's quite suspicious and if there's anything that could lead him to be the culprit, then we have a little bit of proof." She said. "It's not much though but I can't remember the last time I placed it so it might take a while."

I nodded and I decided to head back home. I stand up from the couch.

"I should head back home, Miss Victoria but I'll come back tomorrow for that journal," I said.

"Okay, take care." She said. I give a small smile and head out of her house. I walk back to the house and I can feel someone behind me.

I slowly turn around and I saw a glimpse of someone walking by. I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to follow that person. I walk over to where he's going however I found nobody there. I shake my head and walk back to the house.

I enter and close the door behind me. 

"Welcome back, sweetie. Are things okay with you and Miss Victoria?" Mom asked as she takes off her reading glasses.

"Yeah," I said.

"Do you need something? Do you want me to fix you a snack? Do you want to talk about something?" She asked. "If you want to talk about something that's bothering you, we can talk about it if you like. I'm worried about you, sweetie. I wish you could just tell me. You know you can always talk to me about anything, right?"

I can tell her yet. She's stressed about me, I don't want to make it worse. 

'Still a coward.' My conscience spoke.

"Yeah, and I'm fine, Mom. I'm actually kind of tired. Can I go to my room?"

"Okay. I'll call you when it's dinner time and you really need to eat something, sweetie. I'll make your favorite meal." She said.

"Sounds good, Mom. I'll head upstairs to my room now." I head upstairs, on my way to my room. I walk towards the door but stopped in my tracks.

Since Steven is not around... I decided to look for more evidence and unravel the secrets he's been hiding.

I walk over to his room and head inside. I look around his room and search for some evidence. I open one of the drawers of his desk and found a red journal notebook with the name 'Steven' engraved on it. I pick it up and head out of the room.

I enter my room and close the door. I sit down and begin to open the red journal. It's just some pictures of Steven and his twin brother when they were little. They look so identical. Too identical.

I flip through the pages and I happened to find a picture of their mother.  And she looks so young.

I continue to flip through the pages and I found another picture of a white rose bush. I furrowed my eyebrows and flip the picture and found something written on it.