Ch.9 Grape Vines

Začít od začátku

I try to escape this one, but our luck runs out. The car is caught and lifted high in the air. Naomi struggles to open the door.

"It's not opening!"

The vine wraps around the car and begins to start crushing it.

"We're going to get crushed!"

"Sorry about that, ladies." a voice from the outside spoke.

We look out the window to find John and Lovecraft standing down below. John continues speaking while smiling at us.

"But, since I'm sharing my senses with the other plants, it's easy for me to find where you're running off to. I must say, I didn't know the dog could drive like that."

"Let them go!" I ordered. "Fight me one on one, you coward!"

"I might have forgotten your name, but that doesn't mean I forget about your ability. No one but The Guild knows this, but for you to use your ability, you have to be standing on the same ground your enemy is on."

"Her name is Shiori." Naomi replies. "And don't you ever forget it again."

The two of us glare at him.

"Don't look so upset now. I just need you to do me a favor."

"When a villain asks for a "favor", it's something along the lines of "Take advantage, exploit, and discard"."

"The Guild isn't an evil organization."

"It wasn't until your current leader took over." I replied. "The way he uses money to get what he wants is sickening."

"He's used to be your owner, little doggie. You shouldn't be barking like that. Anyway, I have a sister back home who's about your age, girl." John addresses Naomi. "I have a huge family. The dinner table is always a warzone. My sister loves pie. She'd always take my share. But since she's so cute, I let her get away with it."

"...Then let us go." Naomi tries to reach with him.

The vines crush the car even more.

"Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. The Guild work is treacherous, that much is true. But the pay is good. If I were to get fired, my family would starve."

"Please, stop!" Haruno begs.

John face is serious as he watches us.

"I don't care what happens to you, if it's for my sister."

I have to distract him.

I look at him with emotionless dark eyes as I speak.

"What would you do if I killed that little sister of yours?"

His eyes widen. He looked crazy.

The vines stop crushing the car. One breaks through the window, wraps around my neck, and drags me out of the car.

"Shiori!" Naomi cries.

The vine holds me in the air as it began to straggle me.

"If you lay your dirty paws on her, I'll kill you. Hell, I should give you a painful death just because you thought of the idea."

I struggle for air as I try to pry the vine off of my neck.

"I think I'll just get you out of the way now. You were always so much trouble. Now that you show emotion, you're more annoying."

The vine grips tighter.

"Please, let her go!" Haruno pleads.

"You can't kill her!" Naomi shouts.

"Snow? In this season?" Lovecraft suddenly says.

Snow started falling around us. I couldn't help but grin a bit.

Kunikida suddenly appears behind Lovecraft and shoots. He goes down as Kunikida continues to fire. He fires at the vine that was holding me. I fall towards to ground as I become free. I look at the fast approaching ground as I try to stay conscious due to lack of air to my brain.

But instead of hitting the pavement, Kunikida catches me.