Closer (Part 43)- the big move

Start from the beginning

"I can't keep this all bottled up, I just want everything out in the open," I confide.

"Trust me, give it a few days and then tell him. It's only fair," she shrugs. "Oh shh, Mr. Martinez is coming in," she hushes, looking down at her work.

As soon as he walks in, the class shuts up because no one wanted to annoy him in one of his morning moods.

However, he walks into the class without going to his desk. Instead, he walks up between the free space in my aisle and stops in front of Jay.

"You're needed in the front office, Mr. Jones. If you finish soon, come back to class," he whispers as an act of confidentiality. Too "bad" I heard every word as did Violet.

I take a glance at him asking him with my eyes if he knew what was going on. His genuine surprised expression and shrug proved that he had no idea why he was asked there.

"I'll catch up with you guys later," he mutters, picking up his stuff.

Jay's POV

I've seen things. Cruel things. I've done things I'm not proud of. I'm a mafia man. These factors come with the job. I know how to kill a guy with my bare hands, I know how to deal, and I know how to plan a ransom.

What I don't know is, how to tell my best friend that I fell for his girl.

The mafia doesn't teach you that shit. They teach you to take what's yours even if it was never yours in the first place. You make it yours.

But, I don't want to live like that. I don't want to live like a mafia man in those ways if I don't have to.

Ella's not an object. She doesn't even deserve that kind of behavior and I would never try to give her anything less than the most genuine version of me I could give.

Even though, I knew I wasn't good at this real world stuff like high school relationships and drama, I had a weird unsettling feeling about Violet's advice.

I mean a period of time could go by and Seth could still think that she has cheated on him with me this entire time? What was the difference with waiting. We were taking our time telling the truth and I wasn't sure that was the best option.

If Seth knew us well enough and trusted us, he would know that we didn't do anything behind his back, well anything except fall for each other.

We didn't ask for it. Hell, life would be easier if I was alone in my mafia world with only me to be taken in account. And Ella would maybe still be with Seth and not mixed up in my mafia mess, a world where she didn't belong and shouldn't ever be in either.

However, it happened and just because it wasn't easy doesn't mean it wasn't good. It was more than good. I've been craving her and she makes me feel like I deserve more in life than what the cards gave me.

She protects me just as much as I protect her, only in her own ways.

As I walk into the front office and see the Italian man with the buzz cut and scar under his eye staring at me, my mind immediately abandons the current high school problem at state and goes into mafia mode.

"Vinny? What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him concerned while the young blonde secretary glances up at us intrigued.

He's dressed in a blue button up and jeans. He almost looks like a normal civilian to the eye except for his creepy scar under his eye. Nevertheless, he's a handsome man who gets more than enough women.

"Cousin, you forgot to update your new address. You didn't tell this nice secretary that you're not at the Roger's place anymore. You got that, Miss Rayes? 144 Creek Drive?" he winks at her while I roll my eyes at her blush.