Closer (Part 38)- christmas eve

I come up with the perfect idea for a gift for Jay on my way home from the mall. I jet towards our downtown to get the two little gifts before the stores close and arrive just in time. Coming down here would make me late to the party but I don't care since I'm too happy for coming up with a creative gift idea.

It is true. Giving is better than getting.

When I get home, I curl my hair and quickly change into a midi length red dress that hugs every curve of my body just right. On my way out the door, I rip up the note from my parents telling me they'll be at my fathers annual Christmas work party.

Seth's parents will be there too since his mom also works at the hospital, so we will have his house all to ourselves for our little Christmas Eve party. I only bring the presents I bought for the boys since Vi, Yaz and I will open our presents to each other tomorrow in private.

It's Violet who opens the door when I arrive.

"Where have you been, missy?" she jokes. Her red and green shimmery eye shadow glistens in the light as she moves.

"Lost track of time," I lie, shuffling into the house.

My eyes search the room as I say "hey guys". Jess and Yaz are cozied up on the couch drinking egg nog while Seth and Toby munch on Christmas cookies in the kitchen. I realize that Jay and Cindy are missing.

"He's upstairs with her," Violet whispers in my ear, already knowing who I'm looking for. I turn to her, feeling the color leave my face. "She wanted to him to give her a tour of the house," she explains quickly.

I nod silently, gulping down the imagination of them doing R rated stuff up there.

"Hey you," Seth smiles approaching me. "Mistletoe," he suddenly blurts out with a sly grin on his face before he points to it above me.

I study his face, contemplating on which move I should make. There is no decision to make. He's still my boyfriend and our friends are watching us, waiting for us to kiss. I wasn't about to embarrass him so I lean in for the kiss that suddenly seems like it's always been just a habit.

He pulls out satisfied but pauses when he senses the discontentment on my face. "Are you okay?" he whispers, pressing his forehead on mine with a worried look on his face.

My stomach churns from all the lies I've managed to tell in just this one night. "Everything's fine," I assure him while going towards our friend group. "Did you guys already do presents?" I ask, dying to change the subject.

"Yeah, we didn't plan it. We just gave it to each other at random times before you came," Jess explains.

"Okay, so I guess I'm left"

"Me first. Me first!" Tobt sings eagerly, breaking away from Violet to give me his present.

I smile at him, trying not to giggle while opening up the horribly wrapped gift. The ripped off wrapping paper exposes two pairs of leg warmers and a ballet skirt.

"Wow, Toby this is beautiful. You even got the size right," I gasp, coming towards him for a hug.

"Well, Vi did help," he admits sheepishly. We both look over at his girlfriend who's biting her lip to stop from laughing.

"He really did choose the stuff. He's just so off on sizing," Violet giggles.

"Thank you, Toby. I love it," I grin after turning back towards him. "Now, I hope you like my gift too,"

He eagerly rips up the wrapping paper off, revealing a new adidas tracksuit for soccer.

"Richardson, you know me," he cries out, putting the outfit across his chest. "I'm gonna look bomb in this,"