Hearing her small gasp, I lift my head, as I watch her recoil as if I had physically slapped her. Her hands fall from her mouth, as her face begins to turn red. She slips off the bed, as she began to shake her head. She stops beside me as she stares in front of her. "You're fucking crazy," her voice angry, upset, and shocked I'm sure.

Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath in, "One minute you're nice and easy-going, and then the next minute you're biting my fucking head off." She turned to me and sneers, "Just—stay the fuck away from me." She says angry and then storms out, slamming the door behind her.

I close my eyes, tight trying to calm myself. I have no fucking clue what's going on with me, but I need to stay the fuck away from her. This damn need to have her is dangerous. Scoffing aloud, I have never chased pussy and that's not going to change. I can't allow anyone to have that kind of control over me. I'll never let what happened with my mom, happen to anyone. Especially Ray.

I sit down on the bed, slinging the bedside drawer open, and grab the bottle of bourbon I had gotten earlier today. I've been gone all day, trying not to run into her. Shit, the only reason I decided to come home earlier was to shower. I planned to go to the club and find someone I could use, and fuck her out of my system.

I twist the cap and place the bottle to my lips, pouring the liquid down my throat, it burns going down. I lie back against the headboard, holding on to the bottle as I close my eyes. I grind my teeth as the image of her in the kitchen, just about to kiss that motherfucker, instantly had my blood boiling. It's like she knows how bad I want her and she's teasing me.

Tipping the bottle back, wincing as it burns down my throat, fucking son of a bitch doesn't know how close I am to showing him who I truly am. I'd put a bullet right between his goddamn eyes.

Damn, I need to get my shit straight. I usually don't worry about what anyone thinks or wants but, Cole's the closest friend I have since leaving my old life behind a while back. Hell, the guy talked about her all the time. Losing their Dad made him constantly worry about her. He admitted his mom is never home and he didn't like leaving her and Kaye alone all the time.

Poor guy can't even focus on his classes. He hasn't told Ray yet, but he lost his scholarship. So, he won't be returning next fall. That's why I decided to come here this summer. Well, that and not wanting to stay in the dorm all summer.

Cole got a call from Jacks a few weeks before classes ended for summer break. He told us about the new sex club, Platinum Pleasures. We got all excited as we spoke about the possibilities of talking to Zane the owner. I told Cole how I had helped design a club back in Louisiana, four joints later, we had come up with a plan. Work and save up to build our own, which has been a true passion project since helping a close friend of mine design and build his back home. Of course, he had begged me to become a partner. Help him run it, but with my duties for my family, it wouldn't have been possible.

Now I just need to figure a way to keep her out of my head.