Chapter four - The date which isn't a date

Thank you all so much for voting! It makes my day! I'm so glad that you all like it! As for dedications, I can't keep track of them when there is a big gap in time between updates. I am going to start making a list of everyone who votes though so I can dedicate fairly... Comments are easier to keep track of.

I park the car and open my door. Kyah does the same and soon we're both walking through the diner doors. The waiter leads us to a booth near a window; the table has a red and white checkered cloth over it like every other table. There's salt and sauce at the end. I slide into a seat and Kyah does the same but in the opposite side.

"I'll just leave these here for you Jarris," the waiter says in a flirtatious voice and leans over, giving me a full view of her cleavage and place two menus on the table.

"Uh.... thanks. I think.... How do you know my name?" I ask confused.

Her face drops but she plasters it with a fake smile and continues her flirtatious attack on me, "Well, we have a few classes together, math. English. Science," she says the names with a gap between the classes and bites her lip.

I look over and Kyah is chuckling! F#cking d!ck! I've never even noticed the girl to be honest. Kyah clears his throat, "Yeah, hi Hillary. Nice to talk to you too. You know, he's gay."

The girl who must be named Hillary gives me a shocked look and her mouth falls open. Damn it!! I don't want this getting around the whole school!!

"What? No," she shakes her head again and stares at me and then speaks again, "No. I saw him in the closet with Tyrie just last week! No way. He is not gay Kyah, get your head checked!"

"I am, and I would rather you not go all bitchy on my friend here while trying to come onto me while I'm on a date," I mutter to her.

Kyah gasps, "Dude, I told you, this is not a date!!”

I kick Kyah under the table and give the waitress a glare. "Look, we'll just get the full breakfast, a really fatty one. I don't care much. Goodbye," I say and I know it’s kinda rude but damn! She was being.... a fangirl and going all creepy over me... 

Once she walks off, while huffing might I add, I turn to Kyah who opens his mouth to talk, "Thanks for sticking up for me but this is not a date. I told you and you told me you knew what happened with the last guy. Sorry man but I'm not doing that again. Plus it doesn't matter really, yeah, I'm as sexy as fuck but I'm not as great as I seem."

"Full of yourself much?" I say with a smile.

He gives me half a smile and a fake sounding chuckle, "Yeah well, after what I've been through it’s not a crime."

What? This guy is getting irritating!! It’s like he wants me to lead me on just so he can shoot me down! Gives me enough information to want more and then that's it!

"Um, I have no idea what you're talking about. Care to fill me in a little?"

"Why would I do that? I only came here for the food."

I roll my eyes. He really isn't interested. I've never been one to press someone for information. If they don't want to talk then that's their business. I've got my own issues. 

I shrug and sit awkwardly waiting for the meal. "Look Kyah, you're obviously not going to give me a chance so I might as well just leave."

"Don't go," he huffs, "I'm sorry I'm being an ass. It’s just that I've had a bad morning and I have a hang over... We did drink a lot last night."

"Yeah but I did too!! I'm still making an effort here!! I like you Kyah, I admitted to being gay because of you and everything!!"

"You didn't admit to being gay for me, you admitted because you were dared."