Chapter five - Nice boxers bro.....

Sorry it’s taken me song long to get this written and posted! 

My phone goes off. I hit the answer button go to my closet. "Hey?"

I grab out a shirt and jeans. I throw them on the bed and slid my PJ pants down off my hips.

"Hey Kyah. It’s Jarrid. Just wanted to make sure you're still coming."

"Yeah, I'm getting ready."

"Ok. I can't wait to see you!"

"Why?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

I put a new pair of boxers on and slide on my jeans. "You never noticed me before at school."

"I did actually. HPE. I can even tell you what you wore."

My jaw drops open, "Really? Hang on; I've got to change my shirt."

I slip my batman shirt off and chance it for the plain blue one with a black and white elbow length flanny with a hoodie. I grab my phone of the bed. "Be there soon."

I slip my phone into my butt pocket. I sit on my bed and put my converses on. Suddenly it’s like I have an energy crash. I fight with gravitation to stay upright and not cuddled in my bed, dreaming of Mr Rainbow, my pet unicorn. Wait? I have a unicorn named Mr Rainbow? Huh? Why is there a marshmallow eating a mat?

My phone goes off again and I shoot upright. Shit! I fell asleep! Oh, Mr Rainbow and a carpet eating marshmallow aren't real. Dang it! 

I run out of my room and down the steps.

I meet up with my brother outside and jump in his car. "Hey Caleb."

"Are you ok?"

I nod and wipe my eyes, "I'll be fine."

"What time did you go to sleep?"

"I... Does it matter?"

"Kyah.... Tell me."

"I didn't really... I was too worked up."

"Maybe you should go back inside to bed."

"Fuck you. I'm old enough to run my life."

"You're going to be tired."

"I know."

He starts the car and drives off to the meeting spot thingy.

I get out and walk into the building. Jarris is the only one there. He sees me and smiles while holding his arms out for me.

I walk over and he grabs me in a hug. "Hey babe!"

"Hi Jarris. Can you let me go now?"

"Um... sure, but I thought we were trying to be like a couple..."

"That doesn't mean you need to touch me...."

"Ok?" he says while hesitantly letting go.

"I'm not drinking tonight," I inform him.

He nods, "That's fine."

Brayden, Wyatt and Ricky all walk in together, plus three girls. I recognize one as the school's most popular girl. She has short blonde hair. I recognize the next as a cheerleader; she has black hair and a darker skin tone. I'm not sure who the other girl is but she has brown hair and a big smile.

Jarris points to the gossip, "That's Alexis," he point to the cheerleader, "that's Bonnie," he point to the last girl, "and that's Kristy."

 I wave to all of them and they smile and wave back. Jarris puts his arm around my waist and I groan and grab his hand tightly, so he won't let go.  He gives me a confused look and I just shrug.