Her scent of lavender clouded my head and despite the smell of coffee surrounding the whole cafe, her scent is somehow overpowering it and it's honestly what I could only focus on.

I handed her the drink she ordered and in my four years of experience, I know what to say when I'm in a situation where I'm going to hand a customer their drinks.

And I usually use a polite tone while saying the lines, but it seemed to be missing and all I gave was a stuttering and low voice.

"Um, here's your order miss." I said, clearly that's not what I usually say to customers but the lines that were engraved in my head for the past four years seemed to be missing and faded out.

Despite my nervousness, she accepted and got the cup from my hands. Our fingers sort of brushing as she took the cup out of my hand.

I swear, I felt the butterflies in my stomach fluttering around and a sort of flutter of excitement and somehow I felt a euphoric sense of warmth going through my whole body.

And I honestly, thought that was the end of it. Normally, customers would mutter a short thank you before exiting the cafe or taking a vacant seat to mind their own business.

But fortunately, she spoke up while she held the cup in her hand.

"Thank you,-" She trailed off and I saw she squinted her eyes a bit and looked at my apron. I could already feel my palms getting sweaty as she looked at me like that.

What is this feeling anyway? The butterflies in my stomach, the nervousness, my lack of confidence and my hands being a little shaky.
All of these things happening to me are new and I honestly don't know what these are.

They're all brand new to me and I don't know how to handle it and what's it called.

"Harry." She finished her sentence and she gave me a smile which I finally returned. Only, mine's a bit smaller than hers. But who'd be able to smile when I'm feeling all of these baffling things on me?

And I honestly thought it'll end just right there. I thought she'll walk to the door and exit the cafe and walk to the streets with the steaming cup in her hand. And I thought this will be the last time I'll ever see her exquisite face again, but I was proven wrong when she took a seat near the window.

She placed down her cup on the round polished wooden table and pulled the chair for her to sit on. Giving me a clear view of her face and her entire physique.

Does she know that I'm intrigued by her and she's sitting there to tease me and play with me? God, I've barely said five words to her and she's already making me feel all of these strange things that I never felt before.

I went back to my usual position before she even notices me and probably think of me as a creep.

I went back but instead of pressing my back against the counter like what I did earlier, I leaned in instead. I placed my elbows on top of the counter, feeling the cold that made me slightly shiver.

Although, I could feel the cold touch on my forearms, all I could look and focus on is the lady sitting a few meters away from the counter.
Not too far and not too close, just enough to let me see a full view of her and she doesn't seem to notice as she's too preoccupied with her drink.

And I somehow couldn't take my eyes off her.

I took this as my chance to let my eyes aimlessly wander around her frame, she's certainly fit. Her black dress pants that's covering her legs really brings out her curves nicely, matching with a long-sleeved v-neck blouse and some black heels that isn't much taller than one inch or two. She looks professional, I'll tell you that.