I've only known Max for three months but I already know that kind of look on his face.

And unfortunately, it isn't a good one.

"Oh nothing, get started on her order, will ya? I'll be heading at the back." He said and started to walk away and I was about to start the machine to make the caramel latte when I suddenly realized what he said.

"At the back? Don't you have to give this to her?" I asked, my voice wavering a bit at the mention of this wonderful lady.

Max turned around, facing me with that ridiculous smirk still on his face.

"Give it to her, won't you? I'll just be doing a quick check at the back. Alright? Thanks." Max said cheerily and before I could even protest he already went to the door, disappearing from my sight.

I sighed and turned back to make the caramel latte, it doesn't take a genius to know that Max obviously planned and thought about this. God, I fucking hate him.

He can really be an annoying prat sometimes. I turned on the machine and it let out quiet hums to signal that the machine is already starting and turned on.

The hums seems so loud from the silence filling the whole cafe. It was the only thing that you could hear, maybe except for the man taking a phone call that's been going on for a while now.

I glanced back at the lady and her face was turned back, leaving me seeing her blonde locks that's perfectly fixed. I looked back at the machine and started heating up the milk to make it foamy and airy and I did the usual procedures to make a caramel latte.

I did the usual steps but maybe I added a little bit more of caramel and milk than what the recipe really says. But it's for a lovely lady, who can possibly resist to give her little extra? And it wouldn't hurt if I give her a bit more than what usual customers will receive, would it?

While adding the caramel syrup on top, from the corner of my eyes I could see her looking at me putting the syrup on top of the foamy milk.

I could feel her eyes on me and it honestly made me tensed. I furrowed my brows and pursed my lips together, trying not my nervousness take over me.

Dammit, why does she have to stare at me like that? Why does her piercing blue eyes have to look at me like this? God, the effect of this lady has over me is quite unbelievable.

Once I was done adding the syrup on top, I placed the container back to its original position, right beside the carton of milk.

I carried the hot cup of caramel latte in my hand and sighed to myself.

Alright, here we go. I'm going to give this to her, not a big deal, right? I'm just going to hand this to her and she'll probably head out to the door and continue on with her day.

Right, it's not a big deal. There's nothing to worry about.

I walked towards the cashier counter with the steaming cup in my hand. She seemed to notice me going to her when she gave me a small smile.

God, why does she have to give me that smile of hers? Now every ounce of my confidence remaining seemed to washed off when her red lips formed into a smile. Fuck, this is way harder than what I imagined.

I continued walking towards her, my legs feeling like jelly and could fail at any minute now. But I tried my best not to make a fool out of myself, especially when she's looking at me.

I honestly tried to give her a smile in return but my lack of confidence seemed to waver, as all I did was making my lips form into a thin line.

When I got closer to her, I could smell her scent that makes me go weak even more if that's even possible since I'm already at my weakest point.