Chapter 9

The Night Before The Flight

"You really don't have to go" Jason says laying on my bed as I pack my bags.

"I already paid for my flight and plus this is perfect because i need a break from work and school"  I say continuing to pack my bags

"I'll give you the money back. I just don't want you going out there showing out."

"What you mean 'showing out" I say with air quotations with my face scrunched up grabbing my flat iron throwing it into my bag.

" babe I've seen you drunk. You get too wild" he says wrapping his arms around my waist

"It doesn't even matter cause I'm single." I say moving his arms.

"Are you fucking serious? You wanna turn everything into a fucking argument"

"Well I'm just stating facts"
*Phone dings*
Kai: let's hang , like last time I had fun. You still got that henny? 😉

"WHO THE FUCK IS KAI?" Jason asks holding my phone

I smack my lips saying "my friend"

"TF YOU MEAN YO FRIEND WE DONT DO THAT FRIEND SHIT AROUND HERE TALM BOUT 'I had fun' WHAT YALL DO?"

" first of all stop screaming at me it's late and my neighbors can hear you" pointing above us. "Second of all were not together so I don't know why you acting like we are. Third of all lemme see yo phone." I say holding my hand out.

I seen the anger in his eye's he grabbed my phone throwing it across the room causing it to shatter and not work anymore.

" I KNOW YOU FUCKING DIDN'T"

"Stfu the neighbors are gonna hear" he says pointing up

"Ohh I ought to punch the fuck outta yo stupid ass. I fucking hate you" I say moving my bags off the bed

"Stfu I'll get you a new tomorrow" He says laying back on my bed getting under the covers

"Go get the fuck on the couch"

He didn't say anything

"Alright , fuck you" I say grabbing the pillow behind his head and taking the whole comforter I go get on the couch and watch tv until I go to sleep"

I wake up at 3am sneaking into my room I grab Jason's phone and going back into the living room I sit down putting in the password 8008 and look through his messages. Who the fuck is Rita & Keyara? I read each one
Rita
Rita: I'm finna pull up
Jason: ight it's 406 last apartment on the right.
Rita: k
Keyara
Jason: meet me in the target parking lot I bought the dna kit. This shit was $200
Keyara: alright bet.
Yesterday
Keyara: yo daughter need diapers
Jason: ight bet. Otw

Wow he got a whole ass kid. I go into my room turning the light on
"Nahh Jason get tf up" I say slapping him to wake him up
"You gotta whole ass kid?" I say throwing the phone at him.
"So you went threw my phone?" He says getting up
"Don't ignore the question"
"Yes , and this was before we was a thing. Think about it baby. I was gon tell you but you'd been tripping and shit and I ain't bring none of that shit up yet making things worst than they are." He says shaking his head and rubbing his eyes with his palms
"Well who tf is Rita?"
"A girl I had to end shit with"
"Stop fucking lying to me you was cheating on me wasn't you?"
"Why tf you accusing me of shit? I ain't mess wit nobody since we been together even in our little breaks I've stayed faithful." He say standing up in front of me.
"I don't even care right now. Just go." I need time to think about this" I say pointing at the door

He starts grabbing his things and right before he gets to the door he says "I love you Jaz"

I was shocked cause I wasn't expecting him to say it " I guess" I say going to get the comforter. And he leaves. I lay in my bed crying myself to sleep. I just wanna go on my trip and forget everything that's happening in New York.

Morning

I get up going to get a pop tart. I put it in the toaster while I do my hygiene. My flight is at 8pm and I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do about my phone. I put on some jogging pants and a tye-dye hoodie with my hoops. Oh yea I invited Latara to Miami. And we were all going to get our nails done today. As I'm putting my hair up in a messy bun I hear my door open. It's Jason.

"Here" He says handing me a apple bag.
I open it to see a IPhone XS Max which was a upgrade from my iPhone 8. "Thank you." I say while kissing him on the cheek.

He starts heading out the door. " I love you too Jason." I say looking at him. He starts walking towards me kissing me. He stops saying "I want you too meet her." He says gazing into my eyes. "Who?" I say looking at him confused "my daughter." "I don't think we're ready for that" I say breaking our embrace. "I think we should just be single until my trip is over" I add. "It's whatever you wanna do Jaz." He says looking disappointed putting the key I gave him on the counter while walking out the door.

Our relationship was constant arguing. I don't wanna meet his daughter knowing there's a huge possibility we won't work out.

I walk out the apartment , heading to the nail salon to meet the girls.