Part 2 - Somewhere I Belong

How do you know which way is up, when your whole entire life has been flipped up side-down?

The chilly early air tickles along the bridge of my nose as I stare down at my tattered black shoes which have seen better days. My feet sway in prefect rhythm down the skeleton street that had been stripped away from the reckless locusts that swarm early morning and late afternoon. Piles of litter danced slowly in the air as if caught in a calm moving river, down the path that would lead me to hell.

The distant sound of a seton rang softly through the morning lit sky as I had finally reached my dastination. I touched the cold gloss of the handle to the doors which would only lead to my death. With one swoosh they opened forward as the pit in my stomach grew larger. Head low I stepped into a world of dread & loss.

I felt the hallway look over me like dark trees in a forest. Little birds twittering my way, their words trying to peirced into my soul as I avoid looking into their hateful faces. I was only a little lamb in a jungle full of beasts.

I watch down the tree line as the lions pounce on an innocent little doe only to see it fall face first into the water hole. It was devoured.
Still not satisfied the lions then turned their attention to me, a scrunny little lamb with no where to run.

"Hey there FREAK!" one roared out my way. Prehaps it was the leader as it's minions pulled behind him. I stood hopelessly as I watched my end come nearer and nearer. I stared at them with a grin and shrudding fascination. What is going to happen?

The big lion pounced at me and pushed me up against a tree. It's devilish eyes almost seemed to burn into mine. It's strong grip kept me secured around his paw.

"LEt mE gO!" I managed to stammer our only to receive laughs in reply.
"Or what Black Beasty? What's a sad little freak like you gonna do?!?! Huh!?" One minion let out as the others snickered along.
"Nothing, like I always do......."

This wasn't the first time this has occurred. Numerous times I would be attacked and left to fill the empty void which has now become my life. My only saviour was the one they call 'the bell' and alas my saviour had arrived. The soft melody ran through the trees as the hoard of beasts began to flee away.

"Ugh see ya next time FrEAk!" And with one finally push I was left to sit alone. I sat helplessly on the dirty ground and stared at my scars they left behind. The silence flows in slowly into my mind. Peace. But sometimes quiet is violent. My web of intrusive thoughts struggle to break free of its mess. Huh no wonder they call it a web, nothing can ever get out.

I understand that I'm 'different' and 'stand out' from others but I don't see why I have to be punish for it. I mean isn't this meant to be a generation where we as humans are becoming more accepting of others. I guess that notion is incorrect. Why can't people see that all I want is to be left alone.

Why should someone's looks matter anyways. Looks don't completely define a person for who they are on the inside. I only wear black to feel some control. They only other control there is is the sounds of the suffering of others. I pop my head up and reached inside my pocket for my little device of control. My fingers still trembling around it from the trauma.

I dusted myself off and stood on my skinny legs. I began to gallop away down the jungle to the one place I knew I could go. Reaching my destination I threw open the doors and scanned the room. A small farm of instruments. Taking a seat I picked up a dark wooden guitar and began to strum.

The sound of pure bliss enters through my ears and suddenly my insides begin to settle. I played along to my device, hearing the lyrics speak out to me. Feeling acceptance and safety within those words of pain and sorrow.

Music is my escape, a world I can call my own.
I want to feel, I want to heal. What I thought was never real. I want to break free of the pain I felt so long.
Music was truly somewhere I belong.

ThUmP!

I whip my head towards to door to see a face.
I had never seen him before.
Little did I know his eyes would save my life.
And thus our story begins.
About a boy just hanging around, then he fell in love. And he didn't know how but he couldn't ...... get .....out......