Chapter 2

I can't believe this. I hate school, I hate them, I hate myself. 

"Don't hate yourself." I turned around and Rhydian was there. I guess I said that out loud. "Well I can't help it. It's my fault. I don't stand up for myself all these years so they continue to bully me." I pulled my knees up to me and held them. I felt his hand rubbing circles around my back, that was soothing.
"How long?" "About 10 years..." I heard him sigh. "Mads, you should be standing up for yourself. Or at least don't let them get to you, you out of all people don't deserve this." He lifted my head up and hugged me. I've never been hugged before, besides my parents, but yeah. I hugged him back. "I'm here now, if there's anything you need I'll be there." I dug my head deeper into his neck if that was even possible. His scent is nice...scent!

"Can I ask you something?" I pulled away. "Sure," 

"You're a wolf blood aren't you?" He looked confused. "A wolf blood? What's that?" Now I'm the confused one. "What? But...well that's what you are. You turn into a wolf when there's a full moon right? And don't lie, your scent is like mine and my parents."

"Yeah, you're right. But I didn't know that's what we're called." I giggled. That was strange... "Well now you know. When was your first transformation?" 

"I was in foster care and I went to sleep. Next morning I find myself on the floor and my room was a mess."

"Oh. Wait, last night was a full moon. Where did you go?" He pointed towards the woods. "Oh, what's it like out there?" 

"Exhilarating," I nodded my head. "Since you're a wolf blood too, when was your transformation?" I looked at him sheepishly. "I haven't had it yet." He just nodded. "Well when you do, I'll be there." I smiled. He's really sweet. Why did he pick me as a friend?

"I picked you as a friend because you weren't as snobby and stuck up like the others." I sighed, "I have got to stop speaking my thoughts out loud." He just laughed. "It's cute though," I looked down and blushed. Nobody has said that to me before. 

"Well we should head inside Maddy." He held his hand out for me and I took it.