Part 4: Capital/Tribute parade

*******Just letting you know that this chapter is pretty long. Enjoy.******

{MADDIE POV}

"Come on Maddie we've arrived at the capital!" Carrie shouts to me. I sigh before climbing off the comfy bed and strolling out my room, to the window, seeing a ray of colours in front of me. I had to blink twice to make sure it was real. "Wave" Carrie whispers. So I do as she says and I wave, causing the crowd to scream even louder. We then go by a group of teenage capital boys so I blow them a kiss with a wink, causing one to faint. Ha so pathetic!

The train pulled into the station and we are pushed out of the train into the crowd, barging by them to get to the building, I'll be staying in for the next couple of weeks.

When we do finally get into the building, away from the cameras and the crazy people of the capital, we are escorted to a 'lift' as they call it. I've never seen one before in my life. The lift door opens and we walk into a isolated room. The door closes. Our escort who I've finally got to know her name which is Petal hits the button number 8. We are then lifted from the floor and I'm guessing 8 floors?

The lift dings and the door opens. We walk out into a corridor to a door with District 8 printed on it. Petal opens the door and I find myself gauping at the sight I see. Its lovely, so bright and modern and..... lovely. Guessing from Aarons facial expression he thinks the same too. "Come, I'll show you two to your rooms" Petal squeals. We glance at each other before following Petal down the corridor to two doors. "This ones yours Maddie" pointing to the one of the left "and this ones yours Aaron, come and meet us in 30 minutes to meet your stylists" She tells us. We nod before walking into our rooms, and to my surprise I like this too, its got green walls like the forest back at home.

••••••

"I'm Cinna your stylist, this is Violet and Luna these are here to help me out" The man tells me. He looks the most normal person I've seen in the capital so far, the only thing capital about him is he has gold eyeliner on. "Hi, im-" "We know who you are dear." Violet cuts me off. I just smile in response. "Right as you know its the tribute parade tonight and we need to get you cleaned up" Luna says. "Okay" I simply reply. "Let's get started then" Violet says excitedly.

••••••••••

"Wow... you look human now" Luna says shocked? "I knew you was going to be so pretty, you just needed a clean up that's all" Violet reassures me. "thanks?" I say unsure. Thats when Cinna comes in. "As you well know district 8 is known for textiles and fashion and I thought why not show that off tonight at the parade" Cinna tells me, I might like Cinna. I smile at the idea, "Why not" I say still smiling making him smile. "First Violet, Luna do Maddie's hair and make up before I get out the costume" Cinna instructs them. So they do. They start pulling at my hair brushing the knots out of it pretty harshly.

••••••••••

Not long had passed as they had finished with my hair and make up and Cinna was showing me the costume I'm wearing. Cinna brings out a red and black fitted play suit. I start to put it on, it goes down to my ankles covering my arms, however showing my neck. It hugs my waist, showing off my shape perfectly. The chest area is quite flashy and full but I look amazing so who cares right? My hair is in a complicated french braid at the back of my head. My face is natural only difference is that I have black eyeliner on with red eye shadow, finished off with red lushious lipstick. "Wow." Is all I could process.

"You like it?" I turn to him. "Cinna I don't like it. I love it." I cheerfully say. "Glad you like it" he says with a smirk. "Come on let's go and meet your partner"

We make our way into the lift taking us down to the chariots, all the other tributes look like there already here. I notice Aaron, he's wearing the same as me but his is a top and pants. He looks good. I walk over to him smiling. "Wow.. you look... erm... amazing" he stutters. "Thanks you look amazing too" I smile. "He's looking at you" Aaron tell me seriously. "What?" I ask confused. "Boy from 2 he's looking at you" he warns me. I turn my head to find the tall handsome boy from 2 is indeed looking at me. Well actually its more like staring. I catch his gaze for a minute before turning back to Aaron."Just let him" I say making him give me a weak smile. That's when we get told to get in our chariot. Aaron gets on first offering his hand out for me which I gladly take. The horses started to move and before I knew it we was in front of millions.

••••••••

"Well done you too, brilliant work" Dominic applaused us. "Yes it wa-" Carrie says before stopping and turning her gaze to behind me. So I turn round now facing district 2 male again. What's up with him? He winks at me making me roll my eyes before turning my attention back to Dominic and Carrie.

"Let's go back to our floor" Dominic suggests.