somi's debut & rv & stray kids comebacks

Friday, June 21, 2019

what is uppppp y'all. how you doin? i'm back again to reveal some of my opinions that no one asked or cares for ! i'm not doing every group or artist that came back this month, or recently, bc i'm too lazy and i'm honestly not that invested in too many groups, so yeah, here we go.

 how you doin? i'm back again to reveal some of my opinions that no one asked or cares for ! i'm not doing every group or artist that came back this month, or recently, bc i'm too lazy and i'm honestly not that invested in too many groups, so yeah...

Birthday by Jeon Somi

honestly, shit slaps. i bop to this song. i think it's been kind of getting mixed reviews and some people aren't too about it, but i have no major complaints about it. i like the song, i like how upbeat it is and how it shifts from verse to bridge to chorus. the dance is dope and somi has high energy. stage presence could use some more work tho but obviously she was nervous. also, her vocals will grow over time. all in all, i think it was a pretty good debut. yg needed this after all the shit that's been goin down (rip ikon 🤧). SIS IS A MONTH YOUNGER THAN ME. i was out here thinking she was like 20, wtf have i done in my life that's even comparable to hers?? anyway, she should keep up the good work. blacklabel better not do her dirty like they have blackpink, hopefully with yg stepping down she's taken care of. we stan !

Side Effects by Stray Kids

do these boys even sleep ?? they're out here having like 4 comebacks a year, meanwhile my ass will get scheduled for 3 shifts in a week and complain. i mean... i like the stray kids and all and i appreciate that they're around my age, but usually their songs are hit or miss for me. same with got7. i like parts of this song, but i just feel like it's a lot for one song. there's too much going on if you get what i mean... like it feels like 3 different songs mushed into one. i also don't get the screams, they just seem super unnecessary. no hate or shade or anything, bc good on them for producing their own music, it's still quality stuff, this song just wasn't for me. also, with the dance, for some reason whenever there are a bunch of backup dancers i'm immediately turned off of the song. i prefer when it's just the group, even if the backup dancers are only there for a bit. like with bts not today and idol, and with bp kill this love, i'm just not about a super busy stage, it just seems messier.

Zimzalabim by Red Velvet

uhh.. i know i prefer their velvet comebacks, but this shit was just not it for me. if i'm being 100% honest, the first time i listened to this song i literally hated it. h a t e d it. the teasers got me so hype and i was let down. now i'm not gonna lie, the beat HITS and that shit slaps, the musicality of the song is very impressive and i'm about it, but it's the lyrics that get me. like, is "zimzalabim" really the only thing they could come up with? with alllll the words in the damn dictionary, they gotta use some made-up shit and have the chorus go "zimzalabim zim zimzalabim zim zimzalabim zim zim" like 4 times ?? my only guess to what it could possibly mean is that it's like a spell of some sort, but still, idk. also wtf is up with joy's braids, those are not it sis. i'm sorry they did you dirty like that. and poor wendy, that shirt ^^, lookin like a fungus or some shit. i did, however, think zimzalabim really displayed rv's vocals well. the singing was incredible, and the girls really all do an amazing job no matter the concept. i do know it's not their fault, sm produces their songs, and sm tends to let me down most of the time with many of their artists. the thing i like the most about this comeback is the dance, bc that didn't disappoint, i loved the dance a lot. the more i listen to it, the less i hate it, but i don't think i'll ever fully like the song. stream sunny side up tho, that song is a blessing.

side note, one thing that never disappoints: kang seulgi's ABS. what a human being.

alright that's all i have for y'all on this fine friday... late afternoon. hope you guys are doing alright, especially with it being summer! go out and have fun!