Chapter -1

I felt small compared to this world. I didn't feel like I changed the world or impacted it with my presence, that's why I didn't feel big and special.

I was like a small green caterpillar waiting for my big chance to change into a beautiful butterfly. I wanted to finally show the world my true colours. I held back for way too long, but now I am waiting for my moment, to finally blossom.

I have not seen the true meaning of life. I have just been living in this perfect fantasy of mine I had created unconsciously to keep myself away from this world that had much to offer but so much more to take away.

Yes, you might think this girl has been through some shit but no. I had nothing. I felt ordinary. My daily life followed the same routine every day.

I am not saying my life is perfect, but we may see it like that. People wish that they had my life.Sometimes I need more.

I may sound a little ungrateful, and maybe I am, but I never asked for a perfect life; I never wanted it.

I feel like I have nothing to live for nothing to challenge me I had everything, and I wanted it.

 I wanted a reason to make me feel like I was worth living and oh how much I would give just to have that, to finally feel like I mattered in this world to show this world my colours finally.

------------------

'No, this is all wrong. I can't present this to the class. it may be true but, I will be so judged.'

I grabbed the paper that I had just spent 30 minutes writing and threw it with all the rest of the papers I have felt won't good enough.

I checked my phone. and saw that it is now 12:30 am, and I had been going at this for nearly three hours.

My English teacher has given me this assignment, where I have to write an essay that explored how I felt about life.

I never had a hard time in English. I actually very much enjoyed it but, it was just the topic.

I felt that I am getting too personal and I do not want anyone to know that I truly felt this way. I am liked by my class and, I don't want to change that.

So, I will have to write this again but in a less personal way.

I yawned. Feeling tired, I headed to my bed. Grabbing my phone with me, I  laid comfortably on my bed while scrolling through earlier notifications from social media.

I was contemplating if I should post a new photo of me.I had just gotten my hair done yesterday, and I had made a change that I am so happy with.

As I look at my photo I remember how my hair was black and as dark as it can be like my father, whereas the rest of my family had golden hair.

I look at the photo and see my new highlights of grey at the tip of my hair. 

I take out my contacts for the night as I have decided to wear them today over my glasses. My eyes may be a beautiful shade of grey and are one of my favourite features, but my eyesight is shitty.I have Medium-Beige skin tone and am short compared to my class.I have a slightly curvy body shape, which I am happy with. I am comfortable in my skin and that took me a while to be.I posted the picture.

I start to watch some YouTube for a while and then I check the time and, see that it was now 1:45 am.I should go to sleep now as I have school tomorrow, and I have to wake up an hour earlier so I can finish this stupid assignment and present it.

I put my phone on the bedside table, slowly drifting to sleep deep in my own thoughts.

----------------

I woke up with the sunlight in my eyes, not by the usual alarm sound. I quickly sat up and looked at the time and saw that it was 8:30 am.

I quickly got up, rushing to put the first thing I see. It was a white cropped tee with a butterfly in the middle, I put on  my trusty black ripped jeans.

I grabbed the morning coffee that my mum had left for me. It was still warm. I took it as quick as I could so I will make it to school. I accidentally spilled some of the coffee on the counter, but I did not have the time to clean that up.

I called for my mum and dad, and Toby my annoying little brother came down the stairs with his bed head yawning.

Toby Walker, my annoying little brother. He is the youngest of the family, and boy, was he spoiled. he was fourteen years old and in year nine. Many would say that he looked like me, but he had blonde hair. We had the same features and eyes, but he was growing tall and fast. He is taller than me and about my older sister, Sarah's, height.

"morning"I tell him as he rubs his eyes with the back of his hands.

"morning"he replies his voice thick from sleep

"mum, dad left for some meeting shit and took the family car , and Sarah and Mark took the other car"he said as I handed him his cup of coffee.   

"ugh, I have to take the bus, the only left the broken down car" I as I make my way to the door 

"haha, your lucky day, I am not going to school to day by the way, I feel sick"he says and grabs the tv remote.

"okay, hope you feel better. Bye"I say while I rushing out. I putting my comfiest pair on sneakers, making sure to not forget my bag.

I went on the bus app and saw that the next bus was coming in 16 minutes. I hurried to the bus stop and waited for it to arrive.

As I wait, I remember that Iforgot to finish the  stupid assignment; I thought since I didn't wake up early and finish it. I was going to have to improvise on the way there, bus bumps and all.the trick was to not get distracted, I had my work cut out for me.

I stood near the bus stop drinking my coffee because other people occupied all the spots on the waiting bench.

I went through some tweets about what people thought about yesterday's episode of 'The Voice Australia'. It was amazing, and thought the news contestant was a great. He deserved to get a seat turned by the judges.

Shaking away my own thoughts, and turning back to reality. I looked up and saw that there was now a seat empty so I quickly sat scrolling around on my phone trying to finish time waiting for the damn bus to arrive.

It was now 9:16, and the bus was supposed to be here, but it was nowhere to be seen.I don't know what was up, but I felt like today was one weird day and it was only the morning.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Omg guy this is my first chapter to ever write on Wattpad, hope you'll like it.

I am so happy with it.

If you have questions drop them in the comments, I will answer all if I can.

Tell me how you feel about this chapter and anyways I can improve It.

Updating schedule

Thursday-every Week

Monday-every Week

Please add this story to your library so you can get to read the next update I will also try to do 1500 words plus every chapter I hope that is a good enough length for you guys, please let me know how I did I would love and totally appreciate all feedback.

Follow my Instagram to get notified when I update.

@ Zahraa. Wattpad

https://www.instagram.com/zahraa.wattpad/

Make sure to comment and vote and share.

Thanks for reading xxxx.

Love you all.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||