screwed

As the night came Skye wasn't able to fall asleep unlike Aiden who had quickly fallen asleep after a few minutes. After minutes of silence Skye gave up and turned around, she looked at Aiden as he slept, he seemed so peaceful but now and then he twitched as if he was having a bad dream.

"Skye," Aiden said softly.

Skye felt her heartbreak as she heard him pronounce her name, he had said it with so much pain, with such need that without even thinking she reached out to touch his face but stopped just as she was about to, Skye sat up and looked at him.

"What the bloody hell am I doing? What are you doing to me?" Skye asked in a low whisper as she looked at Aiden.

After that Aiden didn't speak again, all Skye could hear was his small snores that occasionally came out from his lips.

With a sigh Skye laid back on the bed, she was no longer in the edge but closer to Aiden, Skye gazed at the ceiling and started to think about a good valid excuse or explanation, what could she tell her father about this?

'I went to see grandpa and found out that I am the mate of a werewolf, the Alpha to be more exact?' Skye thought, but even in her head it sounded as insane as it would if she said it out loud.

Just as Skye was about to get up from the bed Aiden placed his arm around her and pulled her against his chest, Skye couldn't do anything, if she tried to free herself she would only wake up Aiden and he looked so peaceful and she knew that he was tired, but she also couldn't stay like this.

Skye started to think about possible ways of getting out of Aiden's arms, but before she could even try any of them Skye had fall asleep, right there in Aiden's arms.

***

In the morning when Aiden woke up he saw that Skye was in his arms, he couldn't help himself but to smile at this, her hands were pressed against his chest and he could feel her small breathing against his skin. Aiden stayed like this for a while enjoying the simple fact of having his mate in his arms, after the minutes passed Aiden slightly kissed Skye's forehead and saw how a small smile was brought to her lips; Aiden looked at her again before he got up and got dressed.

Aiden headed downstairs to where Derek was already in the kitchen barging in his refrigerator.

"So how did it go with you last night after we left?" Derek asked him with a small smirk.

"Not so well." Aiden admitted as he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"Why?" Derek asked him as he grabbed a soda from the fridge.

"I feel like Skye really wants to be with me but for some reason she stops herself." Aiden told him as he shook his head.

"Why do you think she does that?" Derek asked him.

"I think there is this other guy, his name is Jace I overheard her talk to him in the phone. They were supposed to meet up in Italy." Aiden said as he felt jealousy creep up his body, he hated that guy already.

"What if you heard things wrong?" Derek asked him trying to make him feel better.

Aiden shook his head.

"I don't think so, she even talked about the night they had spent together, they slept together Braden, she even made it clear for this guy Jace that she was not seeking for a one night stand thing, that she wanted a serious relationship with him and afterwards when she said goodbye Skye told him that she loved him, that she always had." Aiden told Derek spitting out the dreadful words.