new mates

"What are you thinking about so much Jace?" Skye asked him as she met his gaze.

"What do you mean?" Jace asked her confused as he looked at his sister.

"You know exactly what I mean, you're just there wondering off to space." Skye said as she eyed him curiously.

"I was thinking about Christine." Jace said and immediately regretted it.

He couldn't help it, he was so used to telling him everything to his sister who now seemed to give a grin wide than the cat from Alice in Wonderland.

"Aw, you already love her; you're acting like a little lovesick puppy." Skye said in a tone that she knew would annoy the hell out of Jace.

"It's not like you were like that when you found out about you and Aiden." Jace said as he rolled his eyes at her.

To his surprise Skye shook her head.

"Not really, to be honest I was terrified I mean I was the mate of a werewolf, the Alpha to be more exact. I passed out and then woke up in his house, in his bed." Skye said as she shook her head in amusement, oh those good ol' days.

Jace looked at her shocked.

"What? He did that to you?" Jace said slightly raising his voice.

Skye mentally cursed, neither did her father or Jace knew about this.

"It's not what you think; it was grandpa the one who took me there to begin with. I freaked out and tried to escape, several times." Skye said trying to hold back her smile.

Jace shook his head in amusement, times like this even if they were going on about such a different topic that didn't relate to it this somehow brought back the time it was just him and her. There was nothing about crazy ex-boyfriends, mates or fight just the two of them like before.

"What did Aiden do to this?" Jace asked wondering what the Alpha had done to contain his annoying sister.

Skye shrugged.

"Well clearly he didn't give up; he had to put up with my stubbornness and my fits." Skye said with a sigh and she was glad that Aiden never gave up.

"I feel bad for him." Jace spit out making Skye gasp in surprise.

Skye looked at him.

"What?" She said shocked, why would her brother say that?

"I have dealt with you for the past eighteen years and I have to admit you are quite a handful sister." Jace said with a smirk as he looked at her.

"Take that back Jace because you know it's not true." Skye told him as she pouted.

"Poor guy, I feel really bad for him." Jace said with a chuckle as he saw Skye's reaction.

Skye whacked him in the head.

"You're such a twerp." Skye murmured angry in a low voice.

"But you love me still." Jace said as he nudged her.

Skye rolled her eyes at him.

"How can we be related again?" Skye said wondering out loud, it still seemed hard to really understand that they were actually siblings.

"I don't know maybe you were switched at birth." Jace said offered with a shrug.

Skye laughed.

"Yeah, your real sis is some psycho killer seeking for revenge." Skye said joking in a dramatic voice.