7.feelings

Clementine waited anxiously by the gate. She was seated on the ground, her legs sprawled out in front of her. A few hours ago, Louis and AJ had left to meet the group Aasim had spotted. It was a strange feeling for Clem, not being able to be the tough one who could meet these people for herself. She was starting to learn how to get around on crutches, but that would do her no good to anywhere outside of the school.
Violet was keeping her company. The two girls sat together in silence. Violet sat, twirling a blade of grass in her fingers.
"So, um, Clem...I've been meaning to ask you about som-"
She was cut off by AJ running through the gate, shouting, "Clem!" He lept into her arms.
"Hey, kiddo," she laughed. Clementine glanced up to see that Louis was also present, alive and well. She breathed a sigh of relief.
"How'd it go?" she asked Louis, attempting to stand.
"Here, I got you." He gently took her hands and helped her up. Clem, struggling to keep her balance, stumbled into Louis. They both laughed.
"Clumsy," he teased, as she giggled and wrapped her arms around his waist. She blushed when she realized that Violet and AJ were still there.
Violet coughed. "Cut it out. You were saying? Did you meet the people?"
"Oh, yeah, that," Louis said. "They seemed nice. All kind of old..."
"How old?" Clem asked.
"Like...thirty," Louis replied. Clem giggled, causing Violet to roll her eyes.
"Oh my God, Louis. Did anything interesting happen at all?"
His expression changed. "Yeah, actually. There was a younger guy that says he knew you, Clem."
"How did he...what did..." she sputtered in reply.
"If you're trying to ask how he knew about you, my darling, we mentioned that our leader's name was Clementine and we politely added that she wasn't to be fucked with. Then he said, 'Wait, CLEMENTINE? I know her!'"
AJ nodded. "He had a orange hat."
Clementine tried to remember anyone she knew with an orange hat. Her mind came up empty. "Well, bring him here tomorrow, I guess."
"No problem, love," Louis said, kissing her nose. Clem smiled and brushed her hand against his cheek.
"Ew, stop," AJ said, disgusted.
"I'll try to contain myself," Louis replied, grinning.

Later that night, Clem sat on her bunk bed, preparing to sleep. She would be alone for a while; AJ was on "patrol." She removed her jacket and sweatshirt, leaving herself in her dirty white tee shirt. She shrugged, and removed that too. She'd been wearing it for a while; it could afford to air out for a little. Violet knocked softly and opened the door. Her eyes widened when she saw Clementine seated in her black bra, the candlelight highlighting her cleavage.
"Hey, uh, should I come back? I didn't know if you were...uh..."
"No, no," Clem laughed. "Come sit, Vi. You were going to tell me something earlier?"
Violet crossed her arms and leaned against Clementine's bunk. "Yeah, it doesn't matter now, though..."
"No, tell me!" Clem insisted, leaning towards Violet. "Please?"
"Okay..." Violet inhaled deeply. "Earlier, I was going to ask if you and Louis were a thing, but I think I have that figured out now."
"Yeah, we are," Clementine replied, blushing slightly. "What about it? Hey, is everything okay?" she asked, seeing Violet's sad expression.
"No," she sighed. She slumped down onto the bed next to Clementine. "I...um...shit. I really care about you, Clem. I have feelings for you."