2.home

The journey home was a blur. Louis carried Clementine over his shoulder. She was considerably light; most likely because she was short one limb. AJ trudged along beside him, glancing up at Clem every once in a while.

Before they knew it, they were home. Violet lept down from her perch on the wall and shoved open the gate. "Shit, Clem..." she whispered, brushing her hand against Clementine's forehead.
"We have to bring her inside." Louis dashed to the infirmary with Clem in his arms.
Ruby was already seated in the infirmary, chewing her thumb nervously. She jumped up as Louis approached with Clementine. He laid her down on the bed and kissed her forehead. A tear rolled down his cheek and landed on hers. "Please be okay," Louis said softly.
Ruby got to work, cleaning and dressing the wound. She glanced worriedly at Louis as she worked. "You should really get some rest, hun. I'm worried about ya."
Louis sighed. "I can't. She's...the most important person in my life...if we lose her..." He inhaled deeply. "I need to be there, you know? To say goodbye."
Just as Louis finished his sentence, Clementine's eyes fluttered open. She slowly turned her head and saw Louis across the room. "You won't lose me," she breathed.
"Oh sug, I'm so glad you're awake." Ruby looked back and forth at Clem and Louis. "I'll give you two a minute..."
As she left the room, Louis knelt to Clem's side. "I thought you were gone..." he mumbled, gazing into her hazel eyes.
Clem gave him a pained smile. "I guess I'm still here." She tried to sit up. "Fuck!!" she screamed suddenly. "My leg..."
"Oh God, Clem, I know...AJ cut it off," Louis said, stepping in front of her wound so she couldn't see it. Louis took Clem's hands in his. "AJ saved your life."