4

Dahyun Pov

It's Monday, a day after the fake date happened. Work.

I went to work a little moody from the date. I'm still upset, and I have no idea why exactly.

"Hey." Sana came up to me, holding a cup of coffee and she passed it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled and drank the coffee to wake myself up.

"You alright?"

I shook my head. "I don't know why but I'm still hanging over the date last night."

"Everything will be fine." Sana reassured me.

I smiled again. She really is a good friend.

ㅡㅡㅡ

I was working halfway when I suddenly got a message from her. Hirai Momo.

Mo bestie 🍑 : Hey Dahyun. Mina and I are taking a break and I'm not accepting this well. you free to meet up and talk?

I didn't want to meet her at all so I just sent

Me : not free. whatever you want to say you can say here.

A few seconds later she sent this.

Mo bestie 🍑 : nevermind then. I'll tell you what happen another day.

Mek

I went back to work, half of me wanting her to reply so we can chat and I can be cold towards her, the other half of me wants to block her and ignore her till she apologises for something she doesn't even know she did.

I don't know, my brain is considered dead after yesterday. But, I decided to engross myself into my work to stop thinking about what happen yesterday, Momo, Mina or even Sana. I just wanted to clear my mind and work to get some credits.

"Dahyun."

"Dahyun."

"DAHYUN!"

I jumped on the chair and accidentally fell off, letting the chair topple upside down.

"Omg, I'm so sorry!" I hear someone say.

I shook my head to make myself awake and look at Sana. Shes standing right beside me. She put out her hand to help me up.

"I am so so so sorry for startling you, Dahyun." Sana apologize as she help move the chair.

"No, no. It's fine. I was too engrossed." I was so glad no one else was there to see me fall, or else I would be humiliated.

"What's-What's up?" I asked.

"Its lunch time, dearie." Sana laughed.

"I guess you lost track of your time." She passed me my phone and I checked the time. It was 12:05 pm.

"Oops. Haha, sorry. Where would you like to eat?" I asked while getting my wallet from my bag on the table.

"I just feel like some coffee." Sana smiled.

"CaffeineHouse, let's go."

Sana and i walked out of the office together and I kept quiet on the way there, since I didn't feel like talking.

"The usual?" She asked as we arrive at the door.

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks."

I went to our usual seats and sat there staring at the window.

"Hey, Dahyun." Sana called out to me.

"I ordered the warm one for both of us since the baristas say they ran a little low on the ice and there won't be enough to fill our coffees. Plus, the weather is kinda cold and I saw u shivering so maybe this can help you feel better?"

I smiled at the drink Sana placed infront of Me. She was so thoughtful. My heart skipped a beat.

That...was a weird feeling.

"Oh, I also ordered some muffins. Hope you don't mind. We gotta fill our tummies."

I laughed. Not only is she caring but also humourous.

"It's fine. I was craving some muffins."

We spent the next 30 minutes at CaffeineHouse talking our hearts out. We didn't leave early as there werent many people anyways.

"Hi." I suddenly hear a very very familiar voice.

The voice I've known since high school, the voice I always hear everyday, the voice belonged to the girl Ive been loving, the one I want to avoid right now at any cost.

The voice belonged to, her, Hirai Momo.

I didn't want to show how scared or excited I was so I just turned around and give her a death stare. But inside i was feeling so nervous. I was admiring how pretty she looked.

"Hi." I said while staring at her, not wanting to be rude, and I looked away.

I looked down at my drink, not wanting to make any eye contact with Momo or Sana. I was really tired and I just wanted to sit there and think.

"Why don't you sit down?" Sana asked and i hear someone pulling a chair beside us.

I felt a presence beside me. Momo is sitting beside me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and I looked up at Sana who was staring at me.

I looked away and stared at the window, not wanting to talk to Momo.

The table was awkward for a while.