|I|Episode●001● Etiquettes

Start from the beginning

She headed to the kitchen out of amusement; for the music of cutlery, utensils and probably oven, to be playing in an hour such as that, was unnatural in her household. Sera still had the idea of what was going on, regardless.

"Yo, why the hell are you doing this again? You have work in one hour," she complained.

The girl behind the counter, Hongnan by name, dressed in college-wear fashion and an apron tied around the waist, simply smiled at Sera's tantrum. "It's no big deal. Only making the cake. Dinner is Rowoon unnie's business. Well, I'm assuming since she promised. Don't worry, I could call and check on her progress, or remind her, haha..."

"Great!" Sera rolled her eyes. "Preparing feasts straight after coming from work, she's even more dramatic! You both know I'll be late anyway. Why?"

"Because you promised to reach back by one." 

"And that's very late. Nanie, you have college tomorrow." Sera pointed at her other housemate's photo on the collage on the refrigerator door. "And that bitch has work. Why are you planning to starve her and yourself till one? Ugh, youngsters these days!"

"Rowoon unnie's older than you, granny," Hongnan sassed.

"Whatever! Mentally, y'all are equal, with the crazy going on extra for her."

"True..." The younger girl chuckled. "But why are you in a bad mood? You literally slammed the door when you came in, unnie." She checks the clock beside the refrigerator. "And WHOA, it's 7:15 already. You're late!"

"I gave the key to Hyejin while I was heading back here. I had to freshen up and change after the morning's work." Sera sighed. "That witch drained my soul out of me today, kept taking me from places to places. She was being so fucking demanding in all the shops. Dumb employees! They do things on purpose to annoy their boss. Anyway, I'm sure she went straight to the club. Nothing to worry about."

"But you're a nice employer, unnie. She wouldn't have done that on purpose, she's a friend too... Ooh, since you guys purchased today ―right?― doesn't it mean she'll be preparing some new items? Wow, I kinda wanna come taste it all now. Bloody work!"

"Hmm."

"And that dress? Thank you for wearing my gift, ma'am. I swear it's so hard to have anything approved from you. But you look pretty, I chose right...." She smiled, eyeing her with a hum of satisfaction. "Planning to be all sexy for Jimin oppa, huh? Well, enjoy the night!" Hongnan winked at the end.

"Hope so. And don't be so chirpy, this dress is ridiculous, I only wore it out of pity. I only look sexy 'cause I always do. It makes me look like a slutty teenager. Thanks, anyway."

"Sure, whatever floats your boat, ma'am."

/Sera was always confident in the way she looked. She believed there was nothing of remark in her, nothing that stood out, an average Korean woman with not all the features matching the Korean beauty-standard list. But she also believed that she was beautiful, basing the few features that did resonate. She was taller than the average, complexion not as pale as what the society craved for but still glowing, slim but not skinny, and her posture, the only 'perfect' part of the body, was appreciated owing to both the toned, muscular attributes that she had and her chest(that was elevated than the average size). The upper-hand in totality was that she could work on the sex-appeal./ 

"But you should really get going now, the star of the night can't be late. Come on, get going already!" Hongnan pushed Sera out of the kitchen.

○◆○

After Sera reached her destination, she parked her car and made her way to the entrance of the club. The glimmering, attractive LED name board was resting with pride on an elevation of precisely the top of the first floor, some height above the entrance door. The name-board held, in white font over the constrasting black background, the word Etiquettes written as clear as a day on it, with a bold red line cutting straight through the word.