Octavius x Reader: Making Faces

"Dammit Dexter!" You cursed as you raced after the capuchin. "Gimme back my keys!" He turned around the corner and vanished. You cursed under your breath and followed him. You quickly skidded to a halt, however, when you saw a small red car on the ground in front of you. A small arm was stuck out the side of the car and holding onto the keyring. You crouched down and gratefully took the keys back. "Thank you guys," You said.

"Our pleasure, Y/N," Octavius answered from the passenger side. He began to say something else, but it turned into an unmanly sounding shriek as Jedediah slammed his foot on the gas and sped away. You snickered at the sound before straightening up and resuming your duties.

...

"What was that for?!" Octavius shouted angrily.

"You're welcome, for one." Jedediah quipped. "You were making the 'I'm going to make a fool out of myself; please stop me' face. You do it every time you talk to Y/N." Octavius glared at the cowboy.

"I don't make a face." He mumbled. Jedediah laughed sharply.

"Yes you do!"

"No!" Jedediah laughed louder and made a constipated-looking face. "What are you doing?"

"That's the face," He said simply. Octavius stared at him.

"Oh Jupiter. Do I really make that face?" Jedediah nodded. Octavius groaned and buried his face in his palms. "Maybe it's a good thing it wouldn't work out between us. How will she take me seriously if I look like..." He waved at Jedediah's face. "That?" Jedediah frowned.

"Thanks, that makes me feel terrific." He deadpanned. "But I'm telling you this: I did not agree to be your wingman just to listen to you pine over your one true love," He mocked. He swung the car around and drove towards the Egyptian exhibit.

"What are you doing?!" Octavius squawked.

"I'm getting you to man up!" Jedediah answered with a cheerful whoop.

"Oh, gods." Octavius groaned under his breath.

...

"Dammit!" You cursed at your phone as you lost at Flappy Bird yet again. Tonight was one of the rare peaceful nights, and you were bored out of your mind. You let out a sigh and put your phone down. You slowly begun to spin in your chair, but you stopped at the sight of a figure standing in the doorway. You let out a shriek and fell out of the chair. "Oh my God, Octavius! Don't do that!"

Then you realized that didn't make sense.

You looked up as Octavius came up to you and helped you up. "You're...bigger." You said lamely. He laughed softly.

"Yes." He told you simply.

"...How?"

"To be honest, I'm not so sure myself. Ahkmenrah did something with his tablet, everything went the dark, and before I knew it, this happened." He motioned to himself.

"...Why?" His face turned a light shade of pink, and he looked away as his face scrunched up. "Okay, what are you doing?" You mimicked his face. "Why do you look like that?"

"Like what?" He scrunched up his face even tighter.

"Like you're constipated." He cursed under his breath.

"Dammit, Jed."

"Jed? What does Jed have to do with this?" He finally met your gaze.

"Well—uh...that is—I—Agh, damn it all!" Before you could react, he cupped your face in his hands and gently kissed you. Your eyes widened in surprise, before your hands reached up to cover his and you began to kiss back. When you finally pulled apart, he rested his forehead against yours. "I did this because I love you," He whispered. "And I know this'll be difficult for us, but I had to tell you. I had to know if you felt the same." He looked at you nervously. "Do you?"

You pulled him in for another soft kiss.