Ahkmenrah x Reader: A Kiss for Every Year

"Okay, so." Ahkmenrah got everyone's attention as he stood on the information desk. "Nicky's going to bring Y/N around in twenty minutes. Is everything ready?"

"The cake is all set!" Teddy shouted from the back.

"And confetti is good to go!" Jedediah whooped. Ahkmenrah crossed them off the checklist. Then they heard a car slam outside the museum. Everyone froze. They were early.

"Go go go!" Ahkmenrah whisper-shouted. Everyone scattered, ducking behind pillars and in dark corners. Ahkmenrah dove for the light switch before ducking into his exhibit and waiting. The door opened a few moments later and your giggles carried through the quiet room.

"Why won't you tell me where we're going, Nick?"

"We're almost there, Y/N." Nicky said with a grin.

"Can I take my blindfold off yet?" Nicky said yes, and while Y/N was fiddling with the cloth Nicky ran to the light switch. "There we g—Nicky?" She called.

"Where are you?" She wandered around in the dark. "And why are we at the museum?" Nicky didn't answer, and Ahkmenrah tapped his foot against the tile.

One...

Two...

Three!

On the third tap, Nicky turned the lights on and everybody jumped out. "SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. Y/N let out a shriek and covered her mouth with her hands. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!" She laughed in shock as confetti fell from the ceiling and Larry turned on the sound system. Teddy carried out the cake and Sacajawea lit the candles.

"Oh my God!" She grinned. "Who planned this?" No one said anything, until Larry spoke up.

"Ahk!" Larry shouted. You looked at the Pharaoh, who smiled nervously. You grinned and before he could stop you your arms were around his neck.

"Thank you so much!" You laughed. He relaxed and wrapped his arms around you, smiling softly.

"You're welcome." You squeezed him one last time and pulled back. You both smiled at each other, until a whistle caught your attention.

"Can we party now?" Nicky shouted. Roars of agreement rose, and soon the party was underway. You blew out the candles and cut the cake. When you were done, you threw out your plate and sat on the desk top. Ahkmenrah came over and stood next to you.

"So," He began. "Good birthday?" You laughed.

"The best," You told him. He puffed up in pride. You fell into a silence, and a new song came on. It was a slow song, and one of your favourites. You looked at Ahkmenrah, and he looked like he had something to say.

"Wanna—?"

"Would you lik—" You both stopped. You giggled, and Ahkmenrah laughed softly. You motioned for him to speak. "Would you like to dance?" You grinned, and hopped off the counter, taking his hand.

"Thought you'd never ask." You looked up at him through your lashes. He pulled you to the dance floor and towards him. He wrapped his arms around your waist and you looped yours over his shoulders. You swayed gently to the song, and as it played on, Ahkmenrah slowly pulled you closer and closer, until you were finally chest to chest. He lowered his head towards yours until your foreheads were touching. His breath fanned over your face, and you couldn't resist. You wrapped hand around the back of his neck and pulled his face down to yours.

You pressed your lips to his. He froze, before giving in and pulling you against him as tight as he could. When you pulled apart, he was still pecking your cheeks and nose. "What are you doing?" You giggled.

"One kiss for every year," He murmured, and you grinned at the feeling.