Leo noticed that Ban's eyes were scanning her face as she finished her impassioned explanation, and she looked away, just as the captain called down from the Boar's Hat, "Leo, Ban. Go ahead and scout the town in the distance. And find us a good spot to set up the tavern for the night."

Leo straightened Megil on her back as Ban licked his tongue over his lips and said, "Finally. A little fun."

She glanced over at him and he winked at her. She rolled her eyes. "We're just going scouting, Foxy. Don't get ahead of yourself."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Just scouting? Come on, L. Don't you know what town this is?" At her blank stare he scoffed and said, "We're outside of Bernia. And they have the best ale in the kingdoms. It's where the captain stocks his stores."

"Seven hells!" Leo exclaimed sarcastically. "Why didn't you say so earlier? What are we waiting for?"

She dashed ahead of him and leapt onto a low hanging branch that covered the path, easily and lithely climbing up the tree a bit more so she could see into the distance. She peered at the skyline, and then called out to King, who floated above the group, "King. How much farther would you say we have until we reach Bernia?"

He glanced to where she looked and then said in a bored voice, "I'd say five miles or so." He rolled upside down on his pillow, his hair sticking up, and asked, "Why?"

She dropped to the ground just as Ban walked under the tree and snapped her fingers, sending a tree branch crashing into his chest. He stumbled back a few steps, and she grinned at him, calling to King, "Oh, no reason. I just have to beat Foxy there. Best Ale in the kingdoms apparently, and if we let him get there first, there won't be any for the rest of us."

Ban rubbed his chest where the branch had hit him and glared at her. "Damn, L. Why do you have to play dirty?"

She lifted her lips in a smirk. "I'm not playing dirty. And you're one to talk. You use Snatch all the time to put me at a disadvantage." She raised an eyebrow at him and said, "Come on, Foxy. The captain's going to kill us for dawdling. I'll race you to the town."

He bared his teeth in a dangerous grin. "Hell yes. Nothing like a little competition to work up my thirst for ale."

He darted past her, pushing her out of the way, and headed toward the town.

******

Later that night, the Boar's Hat was packed with locals. Most had come for a drink to simply see the Seven Deadly Sins in person for themselves, especially now that they were all back together again after a decade.

Leo had put herself to work serving drinks to the rowdy crowd, which buzzed with excitement and energy.

She slid a few tankards of Bernia Ale across the table to a group of men, and one of them called to her, "Lion Sin!"

She paused, looking over at him, an empty tankard in her hand, and said, "Yes?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly uncomfortable, as his buddies elbowed him and laughed at his discomfort. He swallowed hard, his adam's apple bobbing in his throat, and then finally said nervously, sweat beginning to shine on his forehead, "You're just as pretty as all the legends say."

She flashed him a smile and then said in a light, but slightly dangerous voice, "And just as deadly too."

She turned away from the table and walked back to the bar, hearing the men behind her joking and laughing at the man about what she had said. She set the empty tankards down on the bar beside Elizabeth, who was attempting to pick up more jugs of ale than she could possibly carry. The girl struggled for a moment, and then suddenly, one of the jugs fell from her hands toward the floor. Without so much of a thought, Leo stuck out a hand, catching the jug easily in her palm. She straightened, and setting the jug on the counter, met Elizabeth's shocked gaze.

"Carry a little less, Princess. We don't want to drop any of that priceless Bernia ale that the captain holds so dear." She winked at her and turned back to the counter to fill up another round.

As Elizabeth left to deliver the mugs of ale she carried to a nearby table, a voice spoke up from behind Leo.

"I'm impressed. Those were some quick reflexes, my lady."

Leo turned, the filled mug in her hand, and saw Howser leaning against the bar, a smile on his face as he watched her. She could tell he was paying her a compliment, trying to come across friendly, and she tried to keep her tone amicable, even though she still didn't trust him. He was a Holy Knight after all. "I've had plenty of practice."

He took a draught from his mug and then set it down on the counter, raising an eyebrow at her as he motioned toward her sword. "I'd love to see those reflexes sometime when you have a blade in your hand." He grinned at her again. "I'm sure from what I've seen there is definitely a reason you're known as the Elven Blademaster, Lady Leonora."

She was surprised he knew of her Elven name from so long ago, not many people did. The only ones who remembered now were her fellow sins. She set down the mug she held and crossed her arms across her chest, giving him a slight smile. "I'm impressed, Sir Knight. I'd thought that name had long since been forgotten."

He lifted a shoulder in a shrug and said in a casual voice, "What can I say? When I learned from Sir Meliodas you would be the last to join us, I did a little research on you in the capitol library before we left." He leaned closer to her and said in a mock whisper, "Also, the books do no justice to your true beauty, my lady."

She raised an eyebrow at him, a smirk crossing her lips at his brazen behavior, and then she said, "Is that so? Well, I've already informed another gentleman tonight that they don't do justice to how deadly I really am either." She glanced over her shoulder as someone called to her to refill their ale, then turned back to Howser. Picking up the refilled jug she had set down, she met his gaze and said, "Tomorrow morning. I'll show you what I can do with a blade, Sir Knight." She raised the tankard to him and then spun on her heel, heading off into the crowd to finish the night's rounds.