Satisfied that she had everything under control, I caught sight of two more titans in the trees ahead, following along in the path of destruction left by the larger titan in front of them. Dropping down through the trees, I quickly swung out behind the smaller one and slashed my blade across its neck. Without so much as a second of hesitation, as the first titan crashed to the ground, I whipped up and around the other titan, bringing the sword down across its nape as I whipped past. A spray of blood splattered my face and chest as I ripped my sword out of the titan as it fell downward, and I let out a sound of disgust as the warm liquid hit my skin.
"Damn bastards. Disgustingly filthy." I swore under my breath as I adjusted my course, headed back toward (F/N).

I saw (F/N) ahead, standing on a large branch, looking down at the titan she had taken down on the forest floor below. I landed neatly beside her on the tree branch, sheathing my bloodied blades as I glanced down at the fifteen meter below us. "Tch. That was almost too easy."

She flashed me a grin as she sheathed her blades as well. "It's like they wanted us to find and kill them. I was hoping for more of a fight to be honest."

I almost returned her smile, my lips flicked upward imperceptibly, before I caught myself and returned to my normal serious expression. Stop, idiot. Keep her pushed away.

I glanced up at the darkening sky above us and said in monotone, "We'd better get back to check on the brats. We've ridden all day and it's almost dusk. And it looks like there's a storm headed this way. We need to find somewhere to bunk down for the night."

She looked up to the clouds that were gathering and nodded as she said, "Agreed. Let's get back. Who knows what trouble those idiots are capable of getting themselves into."

I took off through the trees, hearing her 3DM close behind me, and within a few minutes, we were back to the wall where we had left the squad of brats.

I touched down next to them and (F/N) landed beside me, straightening the harnesses of her 3DM gear as he did so.

Johnson spoke up at the sight of us. "Corporals! That didn't take long." His voice was full of relief, as if he had been worried we wouldn't come back. Or more specifically, (F/N) wouldn't come back.

I felt my irritation rise again. What an idiot. He was weak. I don't know why she chose to bring him over with her.

(F/N) mounted her animal again and shot me a knowing look. My irritation melted away at the look, as if we were somehow now comrades that knew something the cadets didn't after having taken care of the titans on our own, just the two of us. I raised an eyebrow at her, as if to let her know I understood her unspoken words, and then said briskly to Johnson, ""I told you, you brats are just in our way. We're much more efficient when we don't have to save your asses every second."

(F/N) pulled her mare around to face west again as she said matter of factly, "He's right. You idiots aren't good for much else beside a distraction." She glanced back at the squad over her shoulder. "Now let's get moving. It's almost dusk and there's a storm heading in. We need to find somewhere to bunk for the night."

We rode hard for a good hour or more, the light beginning to fade and twilight beginning to move in closer and closer to the wall.

Finally, (F/N) pointed out an abandoned silent village to our right and we pulled toward it, just as the start of the rain fell onto our heads.

After stabling the horses for the night, we approached the nearest house, the slight rain from before starting to become a heavy downpour. I tried the doorknob, but it wouldn't budge, so instead of messing with it anymore and letting everyone stay out in the rain any longer, I pulled back and kicked in the door easily with one of my heavy boots.