Divided Attention: Dawn's POV

Start from the beginning

"Dawn! Dawn, are you in there?" a deep voice pulled me from my sleep.

I groaned, rolling over and finding my nose buried in the furry collar of a sleeping Eevee. Pushing myself up I looked blearily around the dark room before the knocking on the door prompted me to leave the bed I had been half lying on and walk over to the door. Covering my mouth as I yawned I opened the door to see Traavi standing in the bright hallway. I blinked several times, adjusting to the light and Traavi looked me up and down.

"I wish I could look as good as you when I first wake up," he said with a flirtatious grin and I squinted at him, my tired brain registering a faint annoyance at the comment.

"If you just came to flirt then let me go back to sleep," I mumbled sleepily, starting to close the door. He immediately slapped his hand on the door, keeping it from closing all the way.

"No, no, I wanted to talk," he said hurriedly and I frowned at him but opened the door all the way. 

Clicking on the room light I walked over to the bed where all of my pokemon had curled up around me. Piplup was rubbing his eyes groggily but Eevee, Growlithe, and Cutiefly were all still sleeping soundly so I returned them to their Pokeballs so we wouldn't disturb them.

"Do you have a thing against pajamas?" Traavi asked as he leaned against the doorway and watched me pull Piplup onto my lap as I sat cross-legged on the bunk bed on the left side of the room.

"Do you have a thing against shirts?" I responded, trying not to stare at his defined abs and he flashed me a cocky grin.

"Alola is too warm for shirts," he explained simply and I rolled my eyes, feeling a little more awake.

"How did it feel winning the showdown for the fourth time?" I asked and he walked into the room and sat down on the bed across from me.

"It felt great but not as good as it felt dancing with you," he said with a flirtatious wink, and Piplup peeped, giving him a suspicious look.

"Dancing with you was fun," I replied carefully while rubbing Piplup's head soothingly. "Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"Among other things," Traavi said, giving me an amused look. "I also wanted to know what your plans were now that the showdown is over."

"I was thinking of going to the Hano Beach showdown next," I replied and Traavi leaned forward eagerly.

"Great! You've got a swimsuit, right?" I blinked and then narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why do you ask?" I asked suspiciously and Traavi laughed.

"Are all Sinnoh girls as suspicious as you?" Traavi asked with a grin and I shrugged, not sure how to respond. "The Hano Beach Showdown is performed right on the beach and all of the participants wear swimsuits because the battle almost always takes place in the ocean afterward." 

I blinked in surprise and then leaned my chin on Piplup's round head.

"Hmmm, I have a swimsuit, but it's nothing fancy. I guess I'll have to buy a new one," I muttered and Traavi's smile widened.

"I can help you pick one out," he offered and I scoffed, trying not to blush at the thought.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I rebutted and Traavi laughed. "Are you going to be in the showdown?" I asked nervously and he shook his head.

"I don't have any pokemon that can battle in the water, so I'll be skipping that one. But I'll come to watch you if you want me to," he offered while smiling and I cocked my head at him.

"Were you planning on watching it?" I asked and he leaned his elbows on his knees as he moved a little closer.

"If it gives me an excuse to see you again? What do you think?" he asked flirtatiously and I shook my head.