Nothing Like Us [22]

Start from the beginning

            There was an awkward cough at the door and Jason removed his arms from me, leaving me feeling empty and cold. A nurse was standing there. “Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay and give you some medication.” The nurse handed me some pills. “These will help with the pain. You have a fractured arm and 2 bruised ribs.”

            “How long do I need to stay in here for?”

            “You’ll be able to leave tomorrow. I’ll inform you when the police are here to get your statement.”

            I turned to Jason. “Who found me?”

            “A guy was going for a jog and yeah…” His voice trailed off and I turned my head away from him.

            “Bye Jason.”

            “I’ll leave when Olivia comes back.”

Olivia walked back into the room. “Your Mum’s on her way.”

***

A week passed and I didn’t see Jason. I didn’t want to see him. I didn’t know what was happening with Carson, my Mum told me she would handle everything. She had asked me if I wanted to be involved with everything happening with him and I had immediately said no. I wanted to forget that part of my life.

            The days went slowly and the nights went even slower. I was miserable. My days were filled with thoughts of Jason. Everything reminded me of him and it made me so angry that I was letting him affect me so much. He was just a boy, I don’t need him in my life… or so I kept telling myself. My nights were filled with thoughts of Carson. I couldn’t close my eyes without seeing his face and I couldn’t sleep without being woken up by a nightmare but I knew, all of this was temporary.

            Temporary – it was a word that made me so happy yet so sad. I couldn’t wait until Jason didn’t matter to matter and what Carson did was just some distant memory I never visited.

            “Come on, it’s just dinner! It’ll be fun, you’ve been stuck in your room for ages now,” Olivia whined.

            “I just want to sleep,” I told her. “I’m tired.”

            “You’re always tired,” She groaned.

            “I said I didn’t want to go. Drop it.”

            “Please?”

            “I said no!” I practically yelled. “Sorry.”

            “Fine. Whatever, I don’t give a shit. Have fun being miserable.” Olivia walked out of my room and I sighed, heavily. She was bound to get fed up with me sooner or later. All week, Olivia had been bugging me to go out and do things with her and I have continued saying no and I guess she just got tired of it. I quickly sent her a text apologizing. I didn’t want to lose anyone else in my life.

            My Mum was out and so was my brother. I decided to order some pizza. After 20 minutes the doorbell rang and I yelled, “One second!” while I got some money. I walked to the door and opened it, but it wasn’t my pizza, it was Jason, holding a plastic bag.

            “Hi.”

            “Hi.”

            “How are you?”

            “I’m good. Why are you here?”

            “I just want to talk.” Jason held up the plastic bag. “I brought some food.”

            “I don’t want to talk and I don’t want your food.”

            “You don’t have to talk, you can just listen.” I sighed and let him in. Jason walked into my house and took a seat on the couch, patting the spot next to him but I took a seat on the floor a couple meters away from him. “Um, okay…”

            We sat in silence for a little while until I said, “Are you going to start talking or do you just want to sit there all day and stare at me?”

            “I’m sorry.”

            “Yes. I know you are.”

            “I’m really sorry. I love you and I need you in my life, okay?”

“Okay.”

“What do I have to do to get you to forgive me?”

            “I forgive you.” Jason looked confused. “I forgive you but that doesn’t mean I’m going to run back to you. I just need some time to think about us. I mean, I don’t even know if I want there to be an us.”

            “I need there to be us.” Truth was, I needed there to be an us as well but I wasn’t ready to confess that just yet.

            “I need time.” I stood up, hoping to hint to Jason that it was time for him to leave but he just sat there. A minute passed and he stood up and all it took was a second for his lips to be on mine and for me to fall in love with him all over again. I kissed him back and we stood there for what felt like a minute but was probably twenty. Then I felt Jason’s hands at the bottom of my top. He pulled it off and soon, all our clothes had been disregarded and were thrown on the floor.

            Jason breathed, “I love you.” I stared at him. He looked so beautiful just standing there in front of me, his eyes piercing into mine. I loved him too. I’d always love him – it was inevitable but I didn’t want to tell him just yet.

-

I am so sorry I haven't uploaded in forever. I just haven't been feeling this story but since there's only a few chapters left I'm going to try uploading twice a week! I hope you liked this chapter :)

Thanks for reading xx ♡