Chapter 11-"Once a bet is on, it's on."

There he was, leaning against the large mahogany door which could fit three people at once. His arms were folded which accentuated his biceps. He raised his perfectly arched eyebrows, having a slight amused look on his face as if waiting for me to notice him and have a shock of my life.

I did.

I probably looked like a child who got caught stuffing my mouth with chocolate.

"W-when did you come in?" I asked, subtly placing the file back onto the heap of papers, silently praying he wouldn't notice I was invading his privacy.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that, Cupcake?" He gave a peculiar look.

I know this isn't the time to fangirl but hey, Flash Winston is looking like a damn model right where he was casually leaning. This isn't fair. I want to look like a model too despite working out as much as him.

"Well," I got up slowly and walked round the table. Him eyeing my every move.

"I guess I mistook this place for the library. Ha ha ha..." I gestured towards the gigantic bookshelf on my right and laughed dryly.

Yea right, mistaking an office for library. Way to go, Cleo.

"Oh, is it?" Flash pushed himself off the door frame and stalked towards me like a predator eyeing his prey.

His eyes never once leaving mine. I could've sworn I saw a glint of concern in his dark brown eyes before it was gone and replaced with emotionless ones, not allowing me to see through his mind.

Again, why would he be concerned about me? Probably my hallucination.

"Did the silver killed the last brain cell you have? Let me call up my connections to see if I can get you a brain donor." He was now a feet away from me, leaning against the bookshelf like he was at the door and smirking at me.

"Is there a day when you aren't a jerk?" I spat, totally forgetting my main intention of coming here.

Be nice, Cleo. You need to thank him for saving you. The angel part of my brain tried to convince.

But he's being a total dick now. The devil side of me protested.

"Not when there's a day when you exist, Cupcake." He winked and only took three strides for him to reach the office chair.

Stupid guys and their ridiculously long legs. Why can't I be blessed with them too?

"I believe that's not the reason you came into my office." He sat down and basically we're the same height now.

God, why am I 5'3?

"I actually came here to..." I subtly looked around, not wanting to admit I came here to thank him after I basically spat insults at him.

"...try the chair. Yeah the chair. You know, that chair is as comfy as sitting on cotton candy clouds." I rambled on.

"Oh really?" He doesn't seemed too convinced.

We broke eye contact and he shifted his gaze to the pile of papers before him. He visibly straightened his back, his joking demeanour turned into a serious one. I follow his line of sight and it unfortunately led me to the opened report file of Lex Davis.

Please don't ask. Please don't a-

"What is this?" He questioned. His tone matching his appearance.

"What is this?" I feigned ignorance and stood beside him where I could see the contents of the file clearly.

"Why did you go through my stuff? This is important document." He asked in an authoritative tone. I could tell he's trying his best to keep himself calm.