Chapter 5-"Don't go home crying tonight."

"Why is your relationship with Flash still isn't improving?" Storm whispered from beside me in the backseat of the car but we both know fully well that everyone can hear.

"Why should I improve my relationship with him? He's still as detestable as always." I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"Just because." He shrugged.

"Flash is a really nice boy, Cleo. I would be more than happy for him to be my future son-in-law but sadly, you two aren't mates. So, at least try to be friendly towards him. One more friend is better than one more enemy." Mom sighed dramatically.

I'm actually surprised no one saw through my act yet. Maybe I should sign up for the showbiz.

"Since when is he like you said, 'nice'? He's only being pretentious to all of you. You guys should really see those behind the scenes of his act. Plus mom, you having a son-in-law like him would mean your daughter would live in misery for her whole life." I laughed dryly.

I'm done interacting with the jerk for the whole night and now my family is against me for being anti-Flash? Give me a break please.

"Honey, just leave the kids to deal with their own matters. They're old enough to make their own life decisions." My dad put his right hand on mom's lap.

I smiled gratefully at the front mirror of the car and dad winked back at me through it too. I've always been a daddy's girl while Storm had always been a mommy's boy. Don't get me wrong, we love both of our parents but sometimes we just have to take sides.

The car turned into our front porch where the automatic double gate opened. Dad parked the car and all of us hopped out tiredly, too eager to jump onto our own beds. We reached our respective rooms and said our goodnights to each other.

Our own beds are still the best place to be in. Who agrees?

I thought as I snuggled my face into the soft covers. I realised I still had the bitter taste of alcohol lingering in my mouth and I shouldn't wear this uncomfortable dress to sleep.

The lazy side of me said, "Maybe I should not be a clean freak for this time and just go to sleep."

However, the clean freak side of me said, "Don't be lazy, that would be super disgusting tomorrow."

In the end, I took all my will to haul myself up and dragged my feet to the bathroom. I changed into my pyjamas which is a pair of short shorts and a loose tank top. I brushed my teeth thoroughly and made sure the alcohol taste on my tongue is gone before I stopped. After I'm satisfied with my cleanliness, I turned on the fan and hopped onto my giant comfy bed.

I am not like most werewolves whose average body temperatures are around forty degrees. My temperature is around the same as those cubs who haven't shifted yet as well as humans.

Also, I'm especially afraid of the cold. I would be hiding under two comforters if I were to turn on the air conditioner. Most werewolves, even cubs can withstand the cold very well. During winter, werewolves could just wear a shirt and go out but of course, we couldn't do that lest humans see us.

I lay in bed and let my thoughts wonder around since I've freshened up after brushing my teeth. Sometimes, I wonder why am I not a normal wolf. I can't shift and don't have some characteristics of a werewolf. One thing for sure is I have a wolf inside of me since young which also named Cleo. I've asked her why she couldn't come out but she also didn't know why. It's like something is stopping her from shifting. I always wanted to know how does my wolf look like but she said she didn't know too since she hadn't shifted.