Chapter 8-"Are you checking me out?"

Yup. You guessed it right. This is the pup's blood. Come to the Northern Woods alone at 10pm tomorrow night. If I find out anyone else who knows about this, the next thing I send will not only be a drop of his blood...

I stared at the white letter with red specks of blood blankly. I put the letter closer to my nose and took a deep whiff.

Pup's blood, smell of paper, and the intruder's scent. No doubt this is the kidnapper. My wolf confirmed.

Should we tell others? I asked nervously.

Definitely not. I mean, we're one of the pack's strongest fighters without shifting so I think we can get the pup back without any harm. My wolf said confidently. Guess I'll have to believe her too.

But why did he only tell us to come though? Shouldn't they ask the pup's family or the higher-ups? We're just a random member in the pack. I asked in confusion.

Who knows? We'll see tomorrow. Go take a shower and sleep. I'm going to turn in now. Nights. My wolf yawned and shut off from me.

I took a brief hot shower, changed into my comfy PJs and tucked myself under my blankets. I tried to sleep but that letter was bothering me a lot.

Why did he want me to come alone? Especially me? Who is he, able to come into my room without my parents smelling him out? Able to pass through the heavy guards around the territory for days? Is he a rogue? Human? Witch? Demon? Elf? Vampire?

Of course, with these unanswered questions again, I fell into a deep slumber.

~~~

"Is anyone here? Help me! I'm scared..." A little boy's voice whimpered.

I looked at my surroundings. I was in an unfamiliar woods. The boy's voice continued to echo around me.

"Where are you? Tell me so I can help you!" I screamed in the woods.

No reply.

Okay, this is getting a little creepy. I felt goosebumps rising on my skin and subconsciously rubbed my arms. I walked around the woods, trying to figure my way out but always ended up at what looked like the same place I started due to the heavy fog in the woods that never seemed to get thinner.

As I walked further, I smelt another wolf's scent. Wait, two wolves. One of them smelt like the intruder- a bit of werewolf and that something else. I walked into the direction of their scent, the thick fog going against my face.

At last, the fog started to thin out and a tall figure holding a smaller figure by the neck appeared from within the fog. I took a good look at the tall figure and gasped.

That dude was unrecognisably ugly. His eyes. The sclera, our white part of the eye, was black for his and his irises and pupil is white. I've never seen such a werewolf before. When he saw me gasped at the pup he was holding by his neck and struggling to breathe, his lips curled into an upside down smile. His lips were the inverted ones of ours.

He's the definition of the word "deformed".

"Help me!" The pup wailed, thrashing midair due to the way that fucked up person is holding him.

"Hush, my child. I could kill you in a second, do you believe that?" His raspy voice reached my ears, making the hair on the back of my neck stand.

"Let the pup go." I said firmly and stood to my ground, not showing the tremendous amount of uneasiness and fear I have around him.

The truth is, I'm scared shitless. But saving the pup's life is my priority now.