Two Idiots And Their Pet Zombie (Waterparks)

Zacznij od początku

"Do it for Awsten." Geoff finally breathed out. He wasn't sure if he were saying this to Otto or himself, but he knew regardless that the least they could do was go through with their friend's dying wish. Otto took a deep breath, trying to regain focus. Just a twitch of the index finger. He'd done it before, he can do it again. He shut his eyes.

That's when he felt Geoff gasp before hesitantly pulling his hand away from the gun, leaving both of Otto's on the firearm. Otto peeled an eye open and nearly dropped the gun.

There was Awsten, sitting up in a slouched position, blue fingers outstretched in a lazy fashion towards the gun pointed at him. His hand seemed to swipe slightly at the air before he was able to land it at the end of the gun.

Awsten's grip was as weak as a toddler's. Otto could've easily snatched the gun away and taken the shot, but he was petrified. Awsten seemed to tug on the firearm a little. It was as if his friend was telling him not to take the shot. So he didn't. His hands, shaking again, left the gun.

The zombie's hand trembled as he took on the weight of the gun. He slowly pulled it towards himself before his fingers, uncoordinatedly, seemed to fumble with the end of it. Otto stilled. He never turned the safety off.

A few lose groans left Awsten's mouth. He shut his eyes hard as if he was concentrating. "Rooookeyy misssss-taaaake, Ahhhhddooe." Awsten slurred out softly. It seemed his tongue wanted to be rebellious and simply rest in the bottom of his mouth until he put way too much effort into moving it. He tried to lift the gun to angle it at himself, but his arms moved like limp ramen noodles that have soaked in cheap chicken flavored water for too long.

"Aw-Awsten?" Geoff stuttered with wide eyes. His corpse of a friend lolled his head before it turned to face him.

"You can hear us?"

Awsten felt like his head was a bowling ball attached to an antenna. He had to use his shoulders to throw it back before letting it drop forward. Since when did a simple nod of the head get so difficult? The zombie grumbled when Geoff hastily snatched the gun out of his dead hands and flipped the safety back on.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Otto soon asked while holding up two fingers.

A slow scowl formed on the zombie's face. "Immmm deeead. Nahhht aa duuunce, yyyouu ffffuuuck." Regardless, Awsten slowly closed his hands into a clenched position before he raised both his middle fingers.

Geoff scoffed. "Welp, if we ever had any doubt that he wasn't Awsten anymore, that got rid of it."

"Dammm sssteeraaight, biishhh." A wheezing sound was audible from the zombie. It sounded painful, like his lungs were a pair of saggy, broken accordions. That's when Geoff realized that Awsten was laughing.

"How is this even possible? This is the first time we've heard of something like this happening." Otto said more to himself than the others in the room. He ran a shaky hand through his hair out of stress.

"Perhaps Awsten is immune to the virus?" Geoff suggested. "Because if he is, he might be the key to the cure. We need to get to the CDC."

--------

Three weeks later...

Geoff eyed the supermarket through his binoculars with hawk-like vision. Constantly scanning and flickering his eyes about at the smallest bit of movement.

"You think he'll be okay?" Otto asked. They were both sitting in their car, Otto in the driver's seat and Geoff in the passengers. "He's been in there for a while."

Geoff pulled his eyes away from the binoculars. "He's still slower and weaker than both of us, I'm sure it won't be too much longer." Geoff brought the binoculars back to his eyes. "Look, here he comes."

Awsten was hauling not one, but two shopping carts full of supplies from the supermarket. After eating enough animal flesh, he had finally built some strength up. He was having to bear the shopping carts alone since the place was swarmed with zombies. While the noise Awsten created turned some undead heads, he still smelled unbelievably rotten, so the zombies in the store didn't pay a second glance. The shopping carts rolled through the shattered-glass littered parking lot to where Otto and Geoff were hiding out.

"You twoo fuuckin' owe meee." Awsten rasped out. "I eeeven beerought beeeer."

"Hallelujah. I can't remember the last time I had some alcohol." Otto cheered as he helped shove items into their car.

"I hope you actually got some supplies while you were in there." Geoff paused for a second. "And some perfume or cologne or something. You smell terrible."

Awsten only grinned, which showed off his rotting teeth and gums. Geoff retched.

When everything was packed away, the three crawled into the car.

"Rooaad teeripp, booyss." Awsten said excitedly from the back seat. "CDC, herrre wee come!"

Geoff groaned from the front seat. "Ugh, Awsten, I hope you got mouthwash as well.

--------

Word Count: 1543

I kinda didn't know where to go with this one anymore. I still really like the concept though. Maybe if I come up with something better, I'll come back and revisit this. Anywho, thanks for reading! Have a good day!