(12 - Interlude)

"Master, we have brought news of Mission X2V78C."

Within the shadows of the underground stronghold, the cloaked figure sitting on the chair rose. It was clear at once who the leader of the mysterious men were.

The cloaked figure possessed an aura of command, with sharp amber eyes that had seen all the brutalities the world had offered...and thrown them back at it.

Physically, there was nothing remarkable about the cloaked figure's outfit. Nothing remarkable about any of the agents in the room, most remaining hidden in the shadows. The only thing that differentiated the men were their ability ranks, with each having the ability to identify one's ability level.

The commander of the men was the strongest of them all but to what extent, their followers did not even know.

"Well, Scout #021, reveal what you know." The leader's voice came out as sharp as a blade, and yet, it was still impossible to identify whether the leader was male or female. Or even human.

"Yes, Master." The agent in responses dipped his head. "Agent Strumstorm was taken into custody by the officials. His ability was completely stripped. And the agents with him...their abilities were nullified before being stripped."

"A setback...but a minor one," their leader said, "were there any witnesses?"

"Aside from the authorities and the staff at Wellston? No."

"Hmm...Wellston is not a threat."

"If I may, Master," another cloaked figure sashayed into the room, her lithe figure a contrast to her sharp voice.

"The Widow Queen...if you were not so useful to me, you would be slain for your assertiveness."

"I apologize, Master, but...Wellston might pose a threat to us in the near future."

Fear. Ah, the Master could smell the scent, streaming from the scout as they observed the exchange. A trickle of the feeling was seen from their wraith, just enough to keep the woman alive.

"I am well aware of that. But have you not noticed their weaknesses?" They waved a hand, dismissing the Scout, and their attention was fully on the Widow Queen now.

"No, Master. I have never dealt with them in person yet."

"Neither have I." The displeasure was clear in their voice. "Must I spell it out to you?"

"...I would like that very much, Master."

"They managed to defeated Agent Strumstorm and a couple of people by working together. Noted, I do not think they could have defeated the man without the presence of god tiers but...maybe. What is strange is that...the person that had defeated those agents is not in our threat list concerning god tiers in that area."

"We could bribe the authorities again," offered the Widow Queen.

"Perhaps but...we cannot rely on them too much. No, this job...I want you to lead it. Find out the identities of all those students and...you know the rest."

"Me? But they are...students. Surely somebody else would be equipped to deal with them."

Her Master chuckled. "My, my, if it was not for your ruthless streak, I would have thought you pitied then. Do not underestimate them. They are god tiers. Multiple." Their voice lowered. "Didn't you warn me about them? You said they were a threat. Who better to deal with such threat than you?"

The Widow Queen dipped her head, hiding the scorn in her voice. "Of course, Master. I will gather a team and proceed with the plan."

"Good," their leader rasped, "After all, there's only so much time left for us to play."