Arc 1.3 - Alex McGuire

Start from the beginning

"Plus narcissistic. What the hell did you eat for you to change? You used to be a little uptight, but no matter, just make sure to control that little spazz that's suddenly coming out of you." Alex just lightly smirked at that and kept his pace.

The girls were swooning over that little action of his, some had secretly taken pictures of this beautiful view. The picture was posted all over social media in the next few moments, and just like that, the post had become one of the top 5 trendings. Many were wondering who this attractive man was when it was revealed that he's an up and coming male model. Although Alex was quickly getting popular, he was still just a newbie in the modeling industry, so not many had known him. But after this post, his social media accounts were rapidly gathering followers and fans from around the world. All of his past works and photo shoots were quickly gathering attention and likes.

GIVE_ME_RING_POPS: Am I in heaven? Who is this beauty?!

In_Jail_Out_Soon: Why haven't I seen him before? His past works look perfect!

I'm_Watching_You: OOOOOO!! Finally! Some new eye candy! I'm definitely watching this guy now.

They couldn't believe that this gem was being hidden away from them, being buried in the pits just because of a few dark horses came out recently. In an instant, he had gotten a few years worth of exposure, which in Alex's case could either be a blessing or a curse for how much busier he would get in the future. However, at the moment he was completely unaware of the tsunami flooding the internet.

All his attention was on how to complete the task of becoming Eric Quincy's friend.

"Hey! Are you listening to me or what?"

"Yeah yeah, don't eat too many pastries, got it."

"Good. Honestly, your eating habits can never be trusted." Surprisingly, the original Alex was a foodie.

The Manager and model were just about to enter the restaurant when a commotion occurred behind them. A sleek black Rolls-Royce had just rolled up along the entrance driveway, the owner of the car stepped out, it was the (in)famous CEO Matthew Roland. Beside him were his secretary, assistant-secretary and a few executives who followed the man in an orderly manner. Another valet had taken the vehicle to the garage as the group was nearing the 2 standing in front of the entrance. The CEO was looking at a document that his secretary handed him, he suddenly glanced up to look at his surroundings but did a double take when he spotted Alex talking to his Manager. A gleam flashed by his eyes as he handed the documents back to his secretary, not taking his eyes off Alex, putting his hands in his pockets he slowly strutted towards the entrance door.

Alex turned around just in time to see the man none other than Matthew Roland, the childhood friend, the one that started up the company, the one who forced Alex to be a part-time advisor.

'Interesting, Alex had such a friend at his disposal but never used it when he was in trouble.' In the original plot, when Alex was sentenced to jail and committed suicide, it was also when Matthew Roland was abroad for a long time. If only the original Alex had called this friend for help, everything wouldn't have been so sad and mournful. But alas, it was the fate of cannon fodders.

Matthew and his crew were coming forward while Alex stood his ground in front of the entrance and smiled lightly as he made eye contact with the CEO. Soon enough, Matthew reached the entrance however Alex was blocking his way in an open manner. This scene caused the crowd to gossip even more. No one ever dared to block the way of this man, his standing was far too high for just anyone to offend. So seeing this, the onlookers started to pity the model who was standing at the entrance. This surely wasn't gonna end well for him.

Amelia was having an inner conflict with herself deciding whether or not to intervene and offend this business tyrant, however, decided against it after seeing her artist not being overwhelmed or bothered in the least

The atmosphere was beginning to get tense as both the CEO and the model were staring each other down. No one dared to breathe too loudly in fear of what was going to happen next.

Unfortunately, someone didn't read the atmosphere and looked down at the man blocking his boss' way with disdain and mockery.

"Get out of our way! Know your place you lower class peasant, don't block the way of our high esteemed boss!" A pot-bellied executive started spouting out several indecent words to the man blocking their way. No one stopped him as many of the others also felt this way but kept it inside themselves.

Alex suddenly broke the eye contact with Matthew and glanced over to the executive spitting everywhere, raising an eyebrow out of amusement he brought his gaze back to Matthew who also coldly looked over at the executive. Alex suddenly smirked and decided to play along.

"WELL?! Why aren't you getting out of the way? Do you know who we are?"

"Oh, my~ I apologize for getting in your way, your highness." He sidestepped and brought the stunned Amelia along with him, gesturing towards the doorway he looked over to Matthew who deadpanned at his play, "well then?"

Matthew turned around to face the executive and said the two(?) words that nobody expected,

"You're fired."

Everyone was shocked at those words and then wondered who the model was exactly to make the CEO dismiss his own executive.

"Wha- But Boss! What have I done? give-give me another chance!" The executive was now begging on his knees but Matthew didn't give him the time of day, he turned over to his secretary and told him to take care of it. Alex was looking at it all with a faint smirk on his lips,

"What are you doing here?"

"To eat of course."

"Well, you're here at a great time, I need some advice."

"...*sigh*...You never give me a break do you?"

"What do you mean? it's been almost half a year since I last asked anything of you, and I still gave you your salary."

The two men were now walking into the restaurant leaving the bystanders confused and speechless to their indifferent attitudes.

Did those two know each other? How? What was the relation between them? There were several unanswered questions swirling inside everyone's head.

The only calm one seemed to be the secretary as he knew of Alex's role in the company and his relation to his boss. Adjusting his gold-rimmed glasses, the secretary led Amelia and the rest of the executives to their boss, waking up from their shock and confusion they followed the secretary without questions despite all their doubts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------—————————————————————————-

A/N: I know that there are SOOO many plot holes and things are a bit jumbled up...but I'm too lazy to change it so I'll leave it as is.