5.2 - Influence - Aftermath

Chloe's POV

The next day I get a phone call from the publishers asking me to go over there for a quick meeting. They said they just want to see the progress. Once I get there and do exactly that without mentioning the "problems" between the two of us, we start discussing what's coming up.

'Which subjects are you planning to aboard next?' One asks me.

'Well, I was thinking of asking him about his time on tour.'

'Sure, sure. But we were hoping you'd get more personal. Of course, the people care about that, but they want to know more personal things like his love life for example and other topics he'd usually avoid.'

'But, it's his personal life. He's always kept it private. I don't feel like I have the right to ask him about that. Especially not to put it in a book everyone will read. It's none of their business.'

'With all due respect, it's a biography. There's no such thing as private. I'm sure you've grown closer to him over the last month. Use that connection to get him to talk to you about that. And then add it.'

'But-'

'It's your job. We hired you for that. If you can't do your job properly we can easily give it to someone else.'

'No, it's fine. I'll do it. I'll find a way.'

After the meeting has ended, I join Izz, Cat and Lil in our usual coffee place.

'Help!' I cry out as soon as I get there.

'What happened now?' Izz asks

'Did he try contacting you again?' Cat asks defensively.

'No, it's not about that. So I had a meeting with the publishers.' I caught them up with everything.

'Wow! Can they do that?' Lil asks.

'I had to say yes! If anyone is gonna be writing about it, might as well be me, at least that way I can control how the information comes out. I can like not tell everything, say it in a somewhat cryptic way maybe? I don't know. Still better than a random selfish writer who's just using Niall to get famous!'

'Aren't you writing this book to become famous?' Lil asks confused.

'Well, my first choice wasn't to write a biography of Niall... I'd rather be writing my own fictional stories and become successful on my own, not because everyone is too curious about the daily life of a famous person. But It's a step forward and if I'm gonna do it, it'll be on my term, well mine and Niall's of course.'

'Speaking of which, what's going to happen now? Are you mad at him?' Izz carefully asks.

'I don't know honestly... He didn't exactly explain why he did that. But he also asked if I'm okay, so he still cares. It's so confusing. I don't get what's going on. Maybe I should pretend that nothing happened. What happens in Ireland stays in Ireland?'

'I don't know if that applies here. I mean can you imagine if Niall stayed in Ireland 10 years ago?' Lil adds.

'How can you be so calm about this?' Cat asks.

'Well, I told you from the start. I don't care if he doesn't love me back. As long as I get to be a part of his life. That's all I need.'

'Yeah, but are you a part of his life? Clo, I'm sorry but he ditched you! He didn't even explain why.' Cat insists.

'But he still cares! He wouldn't have texted me if he didn't care. Can we stop making assumptions about him, please? It's Niall! One of the sweetest kindest guys out there! I'm sure he has a valid reason. And he'll tell me about it when he gets the time to do so.'