Chapter Four: Island - Right

Chloe's POV

I still don't fully understand why I need to go with him, I feel like it's just an excuse to get me to go with him. Last time I saw him was when I was leaving his house after I spent the night, He had that look in his eyes as if he's scared to be lonely. It makes me happy that he finds comfort in my company. But it doesn't explain why he was pushing me out before. 

We meet at the airport, and an hour or so flight later, we get to Limerick, straight to the hotel in which we get two rooms side by side. Niall is quick to join me in my room after we separated to unpack and settle in our respective rooms.

'So, what do you want to do?' He asks me.

'I've never been here. Don't know what is there to do...'

'We can go to the pub. I know a nice place here.'

'Alright. By the way, why didn't you ask any of your friends to come? You rarely travel alone.'

'They were busy.'

'All of them?' I ask and he just nods. 'Niall...'

'I didn't want any of them here.'

'Then why am I here?'

'Because I want you here.'

'Yeah, got that. Don't get why.'

'I feel... less... like shit when you're here.'

'Aww! I'm so touched!' I say sarcastically.

He chuckles and says, 'Ready to go or do you need to change?'

'Why, what's wrong with my clothes?!'

'Nothing! I just thought girls are usually picky about what they wear.'

'Well, you are absolutely mistaken if you think I'm anything like the average girl.'

We walk a short distance from the hotel to the pub, Niall obviously knowing his way, lead me through the place to his apparent usual table. He gets us two Guinnesses and the evening starts.

'I know that look, it's not gonna work.'

'What look?' I ask him confused.

'You're hoping I get drunk and you get to ask all the questions you're dying to ask that I would never answer soberly.'

'How dare you! I'd never take advantage of you like that!' I dramatically defend.

 He smiles at me, holding out his glass, 'Cheers!'

We both take a sip of our drinks, and I just look around, admiring the aesthetics of the Irish pub.

'Clo, Can I ask you a question?'

'Sure.'

'How do you know if you're doing the right or the wrong thing?'

'Hmm, any specific situation?' I ask and he shakes his head, 'Okay. I guess if it is wrong, either your instincts or your consciousness would give you signs. Somehow some part of you wouldn't be okay with doing this. But it's not easy to know that. Because sometimes it's not a warning, sometimes, we're just scared, so instead of getting the courage to do it, we doubt it and convince ourselves that it's the wrong thing to do. At the end of the day, if it's something you really want to do, you just have to summon up all your courage and hope for the best.'

'Have you ever doubted that you can do something?'

'Only all the time.'

'What's the last thing you had to do but you doubted if you can and why.' He asks.