Chapter One: Initiation - Breakfast

Chloe's POV

When I first started writing fanfics, sure I dreamt about getting published but I never considered this to happen. When I entered this random contest, sure it was weird that it was specifically for 1D related fanfics, but the winning prize was a publishing deal. I couldn't pass this opportunity up. It's not like I expected my story to win. There was a lot of good stories. But my story won.

So I make my way to the office of my future publishers. I enter the small conference room. Three unfamiliar men greeting me. But this meeting was not what I thought it would be. Instead of discussing the story that I already wrote, they want me to write a new one. A biography of some sort?

Turns out one of the men I had the meeting with is an artist's manager, the artist being one of the 1D guys. The deal involves spending as much time as possible over the next 4 months with him, whoever he is, and take note of whatever he wants to be written about him and whatever I deem necessary regardless of whether he wants it included or not.

The next day I was given an address and a time, "10:30 AM, Montparnasse Cafe"

I get there on time, make my way into the coffee place, and find, on the table near the window, looking out from it, Niall Horan. I take a deep breath, calming my nerves.

'I can do this!' I repeat to myself, 'I'm not gonna freak out, I'm gonna keep it together, and talk to him as him like I normally would talk to any other person.' 

After some self encouragements, I finally get to strength to walk to his table and talk.

'Hi!' I say in a weird small high-pitched voice.

He stands up and holds out his hand waiting for a handshake which I gladly return. ' Hello, Chloe. Thank you for coming!'

'It's actually Chloé, but whatever. Anyway, thank you for giving me the chance.'

'You're a talented writer. There are a lot of things that I noticed about your writing. But we have all morning to talk about that. First things first. What can I get you?' He asks.

I quickly choose and take a seat. A short while later, he comes back with the hot drinks and the French pastry. 

'So, how come you picked a French café?'

'Thought you might be missing it. When's the last time you've been there?'

'In France? Hmm, around Christmas? So like 6 months ago. But yeah other than that, it's once or twice a year since I've moved to London 5 years ago.'

'What made you want to move?'

'I spent my entire life in Paris, and as much as I loved it, somehow I always felt lonely there. I guess it's easier to accept feeling lonely in a place where you don't know anyone, than in your own home. Besides, I've always wanted to be a writer, it seemed logical to be nearer the greatest writers in history. I don't know, always felt drawn to London. When I finished school, I looked around, and I knew, I can't stay there if I wanted to evolve. I need a new adventure. Moving to a new city, in a new country that was a positive step forward, even if the beginning was difficult.'

'And now? Do you still think it's lonely here, in London?'

'Well I've lived here for 5 years, I made friends. Isabeth, Catherine and Lilith.'

'Isabeth?'

'Yeah her mom couldn't pick between Isabelle and Elizabeth, so she mixed the two. We call her Izz.  We rarely use our full names anyway, so Izz, Cat, Lil, and I'm Clo. We're going off track. We're supposed to be talking about you. I'm writing about you after all. Aren't I?'