Chapter 6: Present Day

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Is next Friday alright?"

I quickly checked my calendar and saw nothing was there. Everything should be ok. I would just have to stall for a little bit so I could get my transformations out of the way, but it would be fine.

"Next Friday sounds great," I answered.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you then!" Jack said.

"See you then."

We both hung up and I put my phone back into my pocket. The coffee finished and I quickly made a cup. Jack's visit was definitely going to be fun. A couple of seconds later, Ethan came down into the kitchen. I laughed softly.

"This is a surprise. Ethan's the first one up beside me!" I said. Ethan chuckled tiredly and poured himself a glass of orange juice.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?" He asked, quietly sipping on the juice.

"It was just Jack. He's going to come down next Friday and visit for a week." I answered. Ethan nodded.

"Cool. Did you check for full moons just in case?"

I shook my head.

"Didn't need to," I said. "The phase is already over. It happened at the very beginning of the month."

Ethan nodded.

"Alright. I'd still check though, just to be sure. We could have another double phase."

I widened my eyes. I hadn't thought of that. It had been a really long time since there were two full moon phases so it was completely possible.
I quickly fished my phone out of my pocket again and opened the calendar app. Looked through the week Jack would be staying and groaned. How. Fucking. Convenient. Right in the middle of the week was marked another full moon. Welp, I was fucked. Ethan shrugged.

"It's fine Mark. Why don't you just cancel?"

"Well, I already said I was free and I don't really want to cancel if it's just going to be for three nights," I sighed softly. Ethan raised an eyebrow.

"That's understandable but what about your control?"

I stayed quiet and gently rubbed the back of my neck. I didn't really know how to answer that. Usually, I lose control if there are two full moon phases in one month. It would be ok if it were just Ethan, Tyler, and Amy here like normal but since Jack was going to be there...Something really bad could happen to him with a mad wolf on the loose. I hummed softly in thought for a few minutes before I could come up with an answer.

"It'll be ok...We'll just lock me up in the garage like we used to do for control situations," I said. Ethan nodded again.

"That'll work. I'm pretty sure you won't be tame like normal since it's a new person or something like that," he replied. I nodded in agreement. Normally, if I lost control I would basically just go full dog because my "wolf" knew Tyler, Amy, and Ethan well. But because Jack would be new, it would be territorial and angry like it was with them at first.

"Are you going to tell him?" Ethan asked. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed softly. I know I should, but how the hell was I going to do that? It's not so easy to just tell one of your best friends that your an actual monster from fairytales and fantasy books. On the other hand, Amy, Tyler, and Ethan all stood behind me and supported me and Jack would probably do the same. But there was no real way to know for sure.

"I don't know..." I finally answered.

"We can always help you explain it to Jack if you want?" Ethan offered. I gently shook my head.

"No, that's ok...Thanks though."

"No problem..."

There was a couple of moments of silence. I tried to think of some way, any good way to tell Jack while I quietly drank my cup of coffee. I knew I had to be upfront and honest about it. But at the same time, he probably wouldn't believe me if I just told him over text or something.

"I guess..." I sighed softly, "I guess I'll just have to show him. It seems like the best way to tell him and have him believe me." Ethan nodded and walked over to the sink. He put his now empty glass in the sink and looked at me.

"That makes sense. That was the way Tyler and I found out, after all," he said. He then gave a small chuckle.

"I don't think we would've believed you if you had just told us either."

I gave a small chuckle and finished the rest of the coffee that was left in my mug. I put the mug in the sink and gently leaned against the counter.

"It's going to fucking suck trying to tell Jack. Transforming in front of you guys was an accident and Amy saw the video. This time I actually have to do it."

Ethan nodded.

"Yeah...But it's got to be done before the full moon so no one gets hurt."